My Game Ratings are Going Downhill, Advice Needed

My game Frenzy Sprint used to have really good ratings, ranging from 85% to 90%. In the span of a week, the approval rating went from 90% to 69%. I know it’s not a dislike bot because not many votes have been put in, and the ratings are steadily going downward. I would appreciate it if I could have some advice as to why so many dislikes are coming so quickly since the ratings often change when I’m offline, meaning that I never know the player that left the dislike. I was aiming for an 80% approval rating or higher but it just keeps getting lower. Please help!

3 Likes

I would generally ask the community who play your game why, and what you can change. I guess that is a starter suggestion talk to your community take what they say into count.

Another suggestion:

Create a discord server for your community THAT’S IF YOUR 13 OF COURSE,
A discord server is an amazing way to contact your community.

Also I would personally put the game on the group, that’s a personal choice though.

3 Likes

I agree with @Velouvo. However something to take into mind is you only have 33 total votes which means those dislikes are going to really skew the like to dislike percentage.

1 Like

MOVED TO MY OTHER POST ABOVE Visit it there.

I took at look at your game and it looks fun, but I suggest that instead of using free models, you could try to make your own trees. Things like a cool looking lobby that you can tell a lot of effort went into really help making a game feel better. And as the others say, perhaps your players have great ideas, and you could try making a discord server where you can create a community around your game.

3 Likes

I’m making another comment because I played the game and I think I may have a more informative answer.

First of all the game play is unoriginal and boring after like 10-20+ minutes. You are doing the same thing over and over again. Some of the obstacles have a unique thing such as the lasers one or the balancing platforms. But their short length mitigates their impact. Also the obbies look like obbies. There is no unique and different themes and they all look the same. People maybe disliking the game because the game is boring and not interesting.

To fix this, I suggest this.

• Have a few good sized and length maps.
  • Give the maps separate/unique themes.

Another thing I noticed was the lobby and the GUI. The lobby is in my opinion too open. It should be more enclosed and have a few obbies around it. For example a box with hallways going towards practice obbies of various difficulties (Extremely simplified). The GUI is way too large and should be scaled back some. Also some color could really spice things up.

Other things I noticed/suggest

• Look at other games that have a similar concept as yours. (I.E Obby Kings)
  • I played several rounds and I didn’t get a single badge.
  • Perhaps get another developer for a second opinion. (If you want a builder, I can help :wink: )

I’m pretty sure that covers it, I wish you luck on and I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Good Game. It looks like if you do some promoting you can get this popular. My Suggestion to you is make it a little bit more controller/xbox friendly like when the You lost/ Won pops up maybe make it where you click be to close it. You can also make it show you stats like a timer and stuff to make it so people can speed run it for the world record and who knows you can get on https://www.speedrun.com.

1 Like

Another Idea I have is that when you finish a quest a little Exclamation mark would pop up stating you have a quest done (It can have a little rotating script rotating it a little bit back and forth to make it look like an animation.)

1 Like