My game was stolen 1:1 and now appears as the 3rd search result, what now?

Heyo

As the title reads, my game was stolen (almost) 1:1

This includes, the thumbnail, icon and the map itself with a few tweaks to the colour.

It has managed to gain 420K+ visits since it was created a month or so ago and mine has 2.1M which was created almost 4 years ago. (huh?)

To clarify, I am the sole owner of the game and nobody has ever had access to studio, I am 99.9% certain this was stolen using saveinstance(), the game they stole has some differences, such as the lighting and the GUIs, this is most likely they stole the game before Hyperion was rolled out, since I had updated a few of the GUIs and the lighting in my game after Hyperion was rolled out, 0.01% being the fact a few models are from the toolbox and they could’ve definitely recreated it, but I digress.

My game:

Their copy:

(banned? lmfao)

And the search results, mine being the 2nd and theirs being the 3rd.

Obviously the first instinct would be to DMCA, but I am not so educated on the whole process, I’ve heard they can counter-claim and then they have access to your information, which is something I definitely don’t want.

If you want to check the games out yourself, please turn your volume down to 1% as the game allows anyone to play whatever you want.

Any advice?

3 Likes

I’m not really educated on this. Yeah im not sure. Maybe you should consult someone. I’m not gonna say (maybe Roblox support?) cuz I wouldn’t know what to do in your situation too.

Good luck.

It looks to me like both games are just taken from the toolbox? I mean the boomboxes are toolbox, trees I believe are toolbox, and borders are just parts copied and pasted. What is there really to steal?

I see what you’re making a point about. But the game that is copying legit just ripped the thumbnail AND the uhh other one (forgot what it was called lol).

Also, why would the owner (the OP) be banned from their game for what seems like no reason?

The map also looks blatantly ripped off too ngl

Maybe report the game and try to get it deleted. Or just improve your game so that it gets more attention.

1 Like

I do agree that the idea is really simple but this game is clearly ripping off the OP’s idea AND thumbnail

1 Like

I’m well aware the game is terrible, I never expected it to gain that much attention but it’s there at 2.1M visits.

But literally copying and pasting the game? LMFAO

I’m not really bothered by it anymore, I’m just in awe on how a multi billion dollar corporation can operate like this LOLOL

Classic half-assed response

Not like you could get any support from copy and pasted replies anyways, I don’t think that you can get roblox to do something.

From the screenshot it looks like you gave them information in a language they can’t answer in/respond to.

I’m assuming Roblox higher-ups have that rule in place and the employee cannot go against what they’ve been told.

So, could you tell them the info you originally sent, but in English? You’re typing English here, I could be missing something, but yeah.

1 Like

Yeah I sent the message in English

I knew support was horrendous but not this bad

I sympathise this any larger figure on Roblox that has to deal with even more stupid replies

I’ll probably brush it off if Roblox sends another stupid message and ignores my issue, I don’t have the patience to deal with what appears to be actual robots

1 Like

It looks like it’s been moderated now, unfortunately the group that copied it has just re-uploaded it to a different place by the looks of things.

Oh wow! I still have received no input from Roblox about this.

Shout-out to the anonymous moderator who stumbled across my thread. (my theory)

Thanks guys.

1 Like

I am not a lawyer but you could probably try to DMCA strike it (if you havent) if the game is completely stolen from you :person_shrugging: but I wouldn’t really worry about it if you aren’t worried about making a profit from that game

It looks like they are using their own map now so the issue is solved.

@UberQuest
@4J_LC
@Bitmono

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.