My game's progress?

Hi everyone!

Recently I have released the project me and a friend of mine are working on in BETA version, now the progress has been slown down for a bit as my friend and I don’t want to spend too much time on it(we also have real life lives lol) so, we decided that we’d maybe would like it if some 3rd dev could join us in the creation of our project (possibly someone more experienced with scripting lol) so, if you’d possibly could be interested, or just would like to give us some tips, feel free to reply to this post, pm/dm me, or contact me on discord: Am I called Elec?#8654

(P.S. I’m not sure this is the correct category but i posted it here because i thought it was the most fitting from the ones i could choose)

2 Likes

How you say it is quite confusing. Are you hiring someone? or asking for feedback? your post can’t be both. We need to know which

Please use the #collaboration:recruitment category and follow the template here.

Hello there,

I’m pretty sure most Developers don’t do it for free. That’s why you’d better ask a friend to come and work.

In order to keep them, I will also agree with them on a percentage of the profit, for example, per month! (Every 1st day of the month)

I think this is the most convenient thing to do. If you’re looking for a developer, you can put it in the Hiring category. (Follow me!)

Some questions you can always ask!

Greetings,

Sys. (Aka. Tim)

Uhh yeah someone pm’d me on that already, but I couldn’t choose it in the category? is this a bug?

1 Like

There are a few things to consider here if you want to hire a third party:

1. This is a complete stranger, and as such, a lot of things could occur which will slow down progress even more. He/she could have a different timezone from you and as such, you guys will not be able to discuss about the game. Not only that, you and your friend live in the same timezone(I assumed so) and he/she doesn’t do it might be daunting/frustrating for them to do their work while you guys sleep because they can’t ask you guys questions, or where to move forward from whatever they created.

2. Payment. If your game becomes quite successful and you guys make a lot of money, will you be willing to split it with a third party? Obviously we will all want more money to ourselves but the most important question is, do you need a third party? You have to think, really deeply, as to why you need/want a third party? Is it because you feel a bit of stress from having to complete so many of the tasks by yourself? Is it because you need someone to motivate you?

Hope the questions above gave you something to think about.

Also, if you’re hiring someone, then you have to put it in the #collaboration:recruitment section. If you’re asking advice as to whether or not you should hire someone, then I think this topic is okay.

2 Likes