My guide to starting your GFX career!

In our community, there’s been an apparent rise in the amount of great developers, from GFX artists, builders, coders and a lot more careers in this platform.

My expertise is in art, I’ve been designing for over 6 years now, started from making poses in roblox studio, with a green screen behind the object, until I’ve reached the position I’m at right now, which is still not perfect at all, everyday I learn more and more details and tricks in the career.

Many artists nowadays face some trouble trying to begin their journey in designing, but they don’t know how to start on the right track.

In this topic I’ll show you the basic programs to use, essential plugins that are important for assets when making your scene in roblox studio!

PLUGINS

First:
Importing a character into studio:
Some clients might ask you to render their character or a certain user in their order, for this plugin, i use @AlreadyPro’s plugin which is very handy in this case.

This plugin is very handy when it comes to importing a character. It is very easy to use as well!
All you have to do is type the name of the person you want to render, choose the body type (i suggest using r6 as most rigs are for r6 body types) then, click spawn at origin.

Now you’ll have the character you want to export and use in any rendering engine you want.

Second:
Importing assets:
This plugin is very useful if you want to edit a character that you imported, or add accessories, gear or any asset on the roblox catalog, or the library.
This handy plugin was made by @Maximum_ADHD.

It is very, very useful if you want to quickly import any kind of asset into studio, just by copying and pasting the link of the asset into the quick insert box that will appear once you click on the plugin in studio.

These are the 2 plugins you’ll definitely need while building rigs, getting your characters that you want to render in an external software.

PROGRAMS

BLENDER

Personally, I prefer using Blender 2.8 with the eevee engine. It’s my go-to option when rendering roblox characters, as the dynamic lighting in the eevee engine is really efficient, with some tweaking you can get it to look really good, really quick.

Blender is a free application, which is really great. You can download it from the link down below.

Everyday they release updates and new features that bring the engine up to the likes of more professional, paid engines such as 3Dsmax and Cinema4d.

I will post a tutorial on how to import characters and objects into Blender in another topic, and how to use bump maps and PBR texturing for scenes

Paint .net

This might seem like a weird choice to go to, but paint. net has proved itself as one of the easiest, and one of the most efficient editing programs out there,
even with the low amount of tools inside paint. net, you can use it to make great art, you can make logos, edit your thumbnails, make a lot of tweaking to your render with adjustments.

However, the stock paint. net is lacking a lot of plugins, but that isn’t troublesome.
There are a lot of paint. net forums on the internet where you can download plugin packs, made by other users that are ahead in the scene.

You can get the program down below.

Personally, these are the programs that i’m most familiar with, and these are the programs that I use to make my art, through my past years of making art on this platform, I’ve gained a good sum of experience in using these programs, and they could be a nice starting point for anyone out there who wants to get into the GFX scene! :smiley:

Hope I’ve helped, I’ll be always available for any questions and inquiries about art, you can always mention me or message me on my discord dizzy#9658 or on twitter @dizzydesigns3

19 Likes

This is an interesting tutorial, but I’m not sure if you’ve posted this in the correct category. Perhaps you should consider posting this in the Community Tutorials category?

2 Likes

I was looking for this category not gonna lie, thanks!