My HingeConstraints are acting so weird

I followed this tutorial to make a simple car, it worked just fine for the one, but then I tried using the same exact steps with the same exact angles and everything in a new model, and this happened with my HingeConstraints :

When I looked at the HingeConstraints the CurrentAngle propertie seems to changes after you apply some kind of force to it, that CurrentAngle should remain at 0 but here it doesn’t.
Please help!!

1 Like

Try balancing the weight ratio (on the body and wheels) to prevent twitching. Generally speaking, lower weight ratios are more stable. Reduce weight on the rig or add artificial weight to the wheels (CustomPhysicalProperties).

1 Like

When I removed the wheels, the hinges wore acting just fine and turning on input, I think it’s a weight ratio distribution problem. How do I use the CustomPhysicalProperties?

I only now just noticed that the wheels on that tutorial have costum phyiscal properties, I just need to nail it with my wheels and they should work fine, but it’s getting the correct numbers is the hard part.

1 Like