My Mac cannot handle roblox and studio for some reason

My computer for some reason burns and makes really annoying sounds when I run Roblox or roblox studio it distracts me from what Im trying to achieve the computer I use is a Macbook pro.
Edit: This is not a joke btw its very distracting and the bottom of my computer literally burns
Annoying audio: (its louder then the actual recording by like 10 times)

1 Like

What are your computer specs? Or what year is your Macbook pro from?

Are you using high graphics settings? Is the fan dirty, making your laptop overheat? Do you have background processes?

Its a refurbished MacBook Pro that I got in 2019 from my dad (im pretty sure) I don’t know much about computers but this is what I can tell you
version: 10.14.6
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) I dont know if mid 2012 is the year it was made :skull:
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I assume the fan isn’t dirty since my dad had cleaned the inside of my computer last year since he was fixing one of the keys on the keyboard

What is your average fps count?
Those specs should atleast handle some roblox games and studio without a heavy load.

Have you ever cleaned your macbook?

I think it is around 60-80 fps

I found the problem I think

I don’t think an update is going to prevent your macbook from overheating, maybe try lowering your graphics settings, clean the fan, remove trash / background apps, check for resource hugry processes.

You can also do more “advanced” stuff such as changing your thermal paste, but not everyone feels comfortable doing so.

How would I do this I’m not very knowing in computer knowledge

Edit: my graphics are on lowest setting and I removed trash and unnecessary apps I also emptied my trash too

Open the resource manager equivalent for MacOS, it’s supposed to be “cmd + alt + esc”

that is for force quitting is this what u mean?

MacOS is annoying for sure, uh try searching for “activity monitor”

There is no activity monitor I used the filter in preferences all there is, is activity handoff

If it looks like this (or similar)

Look for resource hungry ones, I suppose you can sort them by clicking for example “% CPU”

But to make things easier for us (Since I do not use and never used MacOS)
You should look for:

• Resource hungry apps / processes
  • Background apps
  • Maybe malware?
  • Resource intensive antivirus
  • Temporary files

Ive found this?

Ive checked finder and preferences im not finding much

That’s your app list, you should look for something that says “activity monitor” or similar.

But I’d recommend you search the web / videos regarding Mac overheating issues. Just don’t do those “optimizer apps, debloaters” or scripts.

1 Like

Ill keep trying for now I have to go but ill get my computer checked and cleaned to see

I checked out my Mac and it turns out it only does this in the morning?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.