My **new** Join Menu

Can I have some feedback? Thank you

edit: i know “connecting to online server” isn’t centered, i’ve fixed that after posting!

NEW

BETTER NEW

15 Likes

I like it, its just that it would be cool with some design or color scheme because just black looks plain. But it looks good.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve kept it black and white due to the fact it’s supposed to be scary, however I’ll find a way to add some color.

Ah okay, a logo or something on it would be cool. You could keep the black and white thing, just not so plain.

2 Likes

I think that idea is cool, gonna add it and see how it looks : )

Edit:

Added it!

3 Likes

That looks so cool, thanks for adding it!

1 Like

I am so very confused?

It shows me through my tabs, it behaves weird, what even is this?

Cool but god damn am I confused.

1 Like

Looks good. One question: why does the camera move with the mouse when you don’t even need the mouse in the first place.

1 Like

I feel like there could be less black space on the left side of the screen because the text isn’t taking up much space near there.

1 Like

It’s just a nice little effect

I am also very confused

1 Like

As from what you mentioned earlier of it meant to be scary, I’d recommend leaving the "Welcome (player) text to white as well, it looks a little bit friendly with that rainbow effect. Besides that, I honestly think it’s very neat, especially with the mouse effect you implemented there!

1 Like

The black bar behind the buttons should fade towards the player, giving a smoother look. Other than that, looks good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like you emphasize the mouse movement more than the actual menu itself. The menu should get some more love, like maybe rounded buttons for the options, a light slightly lighter grey color for the background of them, and ofc as @Leppux mentioned, make it so the UI gets lighter and more transparent as it goes towards the player. It will create a transition from menu to the player.

All in all, nice system.

1 Like

What is that mouse moving camera manipulation called and how do you do it? That is cool

1 Like

This is a really nice menu but its a bit blank, maybe adding a logo or the name of the game might brighten everything up a bit but besides that, 10/10.

1 Like

Some more feedback; make the menu buttons bigger so theres not to much empty space.

1 Like

Also - add some design to the black, it is still kinda plain. (Maybe a scary design, only if you can though)

1 Like

I actually found it from this post.

local mouse = game.Players.LocalPlayer:GetMouse()
local cam = workspace.CurrentCamera
local camPart = workspace.campart

local Scale = 5000

cam.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable

game:GetService("RunService").RenderStepped:Connect(function()
	local center = Vector2.new(cam.ViewportSize.X/2, cam.ViewportSize.Y/2)
	local x = mouse.X - center.X / 2
	local y = mouse.Y - center.Y / 2
	local xOffset = x/Scale 
	local yOffset = y/Scale

local lookAtPoint = camPart.Position+camPart.CFrame.LookVector*5
	local vector = Vector3.new(
		lookAtPoint.X - xOffset,
		lookAtPoint.Y - yOffset,
		lookAtPoint.Z - xOffset)  

local result = CFrame.lookAt(camPart.CFrame.Position,vector)

cam.CFrame = result
end)
2 Likes

The only feedback I’d really have on this is to either reduce the area the black frame covers in the beginning, or add more options to the start menu that could fill up the space as it currently looks a little plain as other people have mentioned. Apart from that, it looks great!

1 Like

Thank you! Had a hard time trying to find this

1 Like