My own World Map

I’m building a world map for my friend. I’m gonna keep the progress posted here :dancer:
This is what I’ve got so far…

Total Parts: 8.4k (8,410)
Time: About 12 hours
Countries:

17 Likes

That’s so cool!! Not even I would have motivation for something like this! And 8000+ parts is insane, keep on the awesome work!

5 Likes

It looks very well done. My suggestion would be to try to reduce part count as it will likely contribute a bit to lag. Otherwise great job.

1 Like

Yea I had this in mind, for the actual game each section of a country needs to be editable so to avoid some complex scripting I small parts, a way I’m gonna combat lag is probably though either a country toggler where you can hide/show a country or continent, or by adding a render distance type thing where it only renders parts around you.

Thank you so much!

3 Likes

:ru: Part 1/?
Parts: 3.9k (3,970)
Time Taken So Far: 2 Hours

:weary:

1 Like

:ru: Part 2/?

Russia already has over DOUBLE the parts of all the other countries COMBINED…

Time: 4 Hours
Parts: 8.3k (8,391)
Total Map Parts: 16.8k (16,806)

1 Like

Glad you managed to put Taiwan there, -3000000000000 social credit for you…

Jokes aside, I love this. If it’s possible to do the whole world map, it would be simply more than great

2 Likes

:fearful: :heart: :cn:

Thanks! Yes, I’m hopefully doing the whole world! It should take about 3 weeks since I’m only working on this on weekends.

pretty ok, try to reduce part count, but is that proportionate and to scale? beccause i never knew that japan was further south than australia (or is that japan even)?

Should be, this is my reference image I’m building on:

I would, but the group i’m working for are very picky and want every single last detail to be a single 2x2-2x3 part so that sucks

1 Like

oh ok, i accidentally mistook that thing down there for japan. i dont know anything about the world laughing out loud. it’s nice, but i really really think you should maybe make the ocean a part that isn’t so reflective or something idk

Looks great so far, keep up the good work!

1 Like

Agreed, the current ocean is simply just so I can see what it would look like. In the full game I’m gonna have terrain water with a part over it so players don’t fall in and swim.

Thank you !

Thank you!

1 Like

Wow! That looks great! :star_struck:
Your friend will be very impressed!
Grade: 98/100

1 Like

Nice.
I dare you to union everything once you finish

3 Likes

CSG v3 go brrrrrr.

But seriously, you trying to make his gaming PC go minecraft render distance 96?

To @fvazer

I’ve always been a fan of dedication, and I’m sure this will be very rewarding for you. Good luck with the project!

1 Like

Took a break, but I’m back!

:ru: Part 3/4
Time: 6 Hours…
Parts: 11.0k (11,073)
Total Map Parts: 19.4k (19,448)

1 Like

Wow this is really impressive! I’ve done the same with meshes representing each administrative division within each country and currently researching all the demographic data for it. Glad there’s more map creators and enthusiasts out there! :smiley:

1 Like