My Parkour Game Needs Ideas!

robloxapp-20230207-2123514.wmv (1.9 MB)

I fixed the bug! All should be working now!

1 Like

Way better than when i last reviewed it. I like the block artstyle and everything feels smooth and polished. Nice work and I expect this game to do well once its fully finished :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! At the time im posting this there should be a shop that is working!

HINT: You could get a 1 in 10 chance to get a secret pause menu when pressing escape. Instead of a yellow glow, you may get a purple one that is somewhat motivating.

2 Likes

Hello again! I have added a lot more content such as a available death timer option, (It is in beta currently and all it does is set a timer to your doom! It can be accessed by pressing the “bobm” button on your lower left screen!) I have also added another shop-keeper down in the balcony which you can access even though there is some “visible barrier”. There are now community stages and I was wondering what you all generally think of the update! I’m working on more content and thanks for pretty much being beta-testers for my game!

@W_aev
@mysticalsunshine22
@weakroblox35
@CheezBoy27

EDIT: It is now slowly looking like A Hat In Time as the death-timer is pretty much a death-wish!

1 Like

Love it! The character loading has some lag, but the game is looking great! Also the free skips timer is broken…

1 Like

I’ll be sure to fix that! I’ll also reduce the timer for all the character accessories to load, its to prevent too many things affecting the character at once.

1 Like

I like the “cartridge loaded” thing! The starter menu UI is great, but you should change the game ui to match it. Also on the “delivering cheezboy27” screen the all of the other ui should disappear. Is monument in the sky its final title or are you still deciding? The talking ui for npcs should start small as well, not just shrink because it feels weird. I always thought roblox gravity coils felt cheap, so you should change it to be something else.

Thank you for the feedback!
Im still working on a better main menu and thank you for the additional info. Ill make sure to add these! Theres also a beta version if you type up Monument In The Sky in gsmes!

1 Like

8/3/23 - UPDATE! :smiley:

So with my game I have improved A TON of features and it looks way better than last time. Check it out and explore all the new content. It’s a lot to cover but I’ll say one thing. Press the bobm button for a cool mini-escape game. It is quite difficult and let me know if you find bugs!

@W_aev
@mysticalsunshine22
@weakroblox35
@CheezBoy27

3 Likes

What are you thinking for thumbnail? I honestly wouldn’t mind making it, I have Cinema 4D and I just whipped up this quick example in 15 minutes:

2 Likes

That looks pretty cool! I was thinking more of a open feel and more empty. As if its like just above the clouds where you can see the mountains going above them, sort of like a challenge. That still does look really cool though!

EDIT: I don’t mind if you make it and if you do, I may as well credit you for it as well.

2 Likes

you should either make the buttons usable before the npc finish or add a skip button, the dialog of the guy who sells gravity coil is too long and tedious

working on it rn… also i agree with sussy_bacoo, the dialog is tedious and the skip button still doesn’t work

Ill see if I can make a better version for the dialog!

1 Like

quick update… still working on this but the clouds are shredding my computer so its taking a bit…

Oh its perfectly fine, currently I am making the release trailer for my game! I wish you luck on it!

1 Like

Wow it’s been a while, I didn’t want to create a new post since this post in particular still does have a lot of information I take in every now and then. I managed to update the game and I would like to know what I could improve or add! There probably will be bugs.

The music is nice lol and if I may ask why is one of the tips “autism :)”

In the tutorial there’s a glitch when you dive near the wall on the lava you just end up at the bottom.

For the random tips, I mainly asked a lot of my friends what they would put. I’ll be working on a setting to toggle informational tips and terrible tips. I’ll try and fix the tutorial issue now by the way and will respond to you when it’s ready!

1 Like