My Parkour Game Needs Ideas!

I’ve just finished implementing most of my parkour game mechanics and I think it could use some stages of course. I’m not the best with ideas but heres some showcase of what you can do in the game! It’s mostly like a hat in time. I’m looking forward to some of the stage ideas ill see for this simplistic like game!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prev2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prev3
prev1

EDIT

There is now a game-link if you want to test it for some overrall feedback!

7 Likes

I have some ideas in mind:

First of all, I love the mechanics that were implemented in the game, I feel like there needs to be a bit more though.

Maybe you could add a ledge grabbing mechanic into your parkour game and prevent players from grabbing onto ledges that are short or have short side lengths.

Another idea of mine is making a custom UI system instead of using the leader-stats bar. The use of the leader-stats bar in your game doesn’t look like it really matches the game’s atmosphere.

The final idea of mine is adding powerups to the game? That thought just randomly came out of the blue lol.

Those are all the idea’s I really got, overall this game is pretty cool!

8 Likes

I cannot test the game link so I cannot give a review sadly

2 Likes

Link don’t work… but LOVE THIS GAME! Maybe add a server wide radio or skateboards or something to make it seem “punk”…

2 Likes

Its now public! Enjoy reviewing!

1 Like

Movement is a little stiff but very fun… Lobby needs improvement and I want the block guy to stop chasing me…

Now what I would love to see is some wacky cool camera system instead of the default roblox camera. I would love to help if you need any map ideas…

The mini block guy is a test, sometimes if your out of its range, it just sleeps and waits, I also am unsure for a camera system, as I want to merge the camera being normal whilst also being set to a focused point.

1 Like

I would optimize the game for mobile. 72% of roblox is on mobile so not having the ui compatible for mobile is stopping you from getting 72% more potential visits

1 Like

Im unsure about that one! Mobile support is quite confusing for me!

1 Like

If you go into the device simulator or studio, it shows you where you can place gui so that its not in the way of the mobile controls :slight_smile:

Cool. You thinking of any particular story or bosses?

Sprint animation that changes depending on player overall speed? (Maybe also some heavy breathing sound effect that plays if you’ve been parkouring for a long time.)

@W_aev
@mysticalsunshine22
@weakroblox35
@CheezBoy27

These are some really good ideas and I plan to add them! Currently I just finished making a character customization system. It’s not done yet but is doing well so far! Theres also some new effects in the game when long jumping!

(Holding control and jumping)

2 Likes

Hey guys! I added Character Customization and was wondering what you guys think! I worked really hard on this one, especially the data etc. Heres the game and I hope you have fun! Oh yeah you also default to a wizard like look since all of the values are set to 1. Anyways have fun testing it as well as giving me feedback!

@W_aev
@mysticalsunshine22
@weakroblox35
@CheezBoy27

3 Likes

looks like it would be better if you could make the character r15

The character is r15, it just uses some R6 animations heh. I tried my best to try and turn r15 into somewhat of a R6 character

Also, the money there looks a little ridiculous, it’s not nice, and finally, you can go on the map, other than that, the animations are very nice.

i dont have an idea but that tree looks sick
you know what
i have an idea
make the whole game just trees

1 Like

It’s mostly like a hat in time.

This is closer to a blend between AHIT and Celeste with how much movement you’re giving the player imo. I feel like you should pick a side and stick with it while the game is still small.

If you want to lean into the heavily movement-based side of things, I’d say add a more intuitive wall climbing or wall sliding mechanic, and possibly more reliable aerial movement (players diving after longjumping can’t really cancel it so they just get stuck throwing themselves wherever they aimed).

I’ll be using Celeste as an example because it is one of the most movement-based platformers I know of.

Wall-Climbing example:
Celeste_B9HJqRkzk6

Wall-Sliding example:
Celeste_DYD4ieI3kP

There’s also mechanics like dashing and wave-dashing, but they would translate to 3d very terribly. Example:
ee
­
­
­

If you want to entirely focus on movement, I’d say add a speedrun timer to give people a reason to practice. The controller support already opens a lot of opportunities for it to be a speed game, but it’s your game so it is entirely up to you.

1 Like

Thank you! This helps out a lot!