My part changes position when I duplicate or rotate it

Ok, so I have a very annoying problem. The problem is that when I rotate or move sometimes doesn’t snap to the grid perfectly. I have my move thingy on 0.1 studs but sometimes when I rotate or duplicate apart and move it the part gets these small gaps and I have my move thingy on 0.1 but when I move the part it moved so I got another position but I still move 0.1 studs. Is there a way to fix this? Idk if this explanation was good or bad, hope you understand.

Here’s a photo:

Maybe you are on local space? Are your rotation increments in 90 degree segments?

Zoom out and select any part, if you see a little “L” on the bottom right corner you are in local space and moving can behave unexpectedly, try pressing Ctrl+L to switch to global movement mode. This will move your object only on the global X, Y and Z axis and strictly on them only.

Looks like you are making a rough outline of a house, I suggest you set your move increment to 1 stud for this. If you are using 0.1 then maybe you accidentally moved it lower than you intended to.

Check your rotation degree increment here:

If this is a very small number, like 0.1 or 1 then your rotation will be quite imprecise, I suggest sticking with 45 and 90 degree rotations unless you really need finer increments.

Other than that, i don’t know what could be causing that except for accidental movements made by you.

1 Like

I would also suggest to duplicate a part using Ctrl+D, and then move the part using the Move tool in studio to make sure you don’t get those small inaccuracies.

(I see that you are working on terrain so it could also be that the surface under the part is slightly elevated. and if you move parts on top of it, that will effect the positioning, but this is irrelevant if you have flat terrain)

If the above suggestions aren’t helping, you can also enter the X, Y, Z values manually. That would be a pain for a lot of parts, though.

Whenever you rotate it just round off the values of x, y and z to the nearest whole number

I always use Ctrl+D. But my part still moves 0.01 studs when I duplicate.

The only thing that’s coming to mind is this. Sometimes I have to hit the Reset button to put the origin point back in the center if the part or model. I’m not sure if it would cause this offset problem though.

Doesn’t work, I tried it. And this happen way before the pivot thingy was there.

Is collision activated?