My Roblox Studio suddenly launches a test play or a new place by itself, I suspect a backdoor

Greetings everyone,

So I have been encountering this issue for a while but I wanted to write this topic since I just started to suspect a potential backdoor.

The problem is, my studio suddenly starts a solo play session or launches a new file which it takes you to a new studio window that has a baseplate only in it. The last time I have encountered this problem happened while I was doing something else on my phone and I left the studio open in a script editing screen. I was sitting on my desk while doing nothing and the reason I’m telling you that is I wasn’t even touching my computer when this issue happened. For now, I have only observed this issue in one of my games. I didn’t check my other places or games to see if they have this problem or not because it happens suddenly and mostly around once per day. I also considered that it might be an engine bug but I wasn’t able to post it to the required section and I wasn’t able to find any other topics of the people who were having the same issue.

a) I have checked all the hidden objects that I could, my scripts and saw nothing unusual.
b) I have also searched for backdoor keyphrases such as require, getfenv, loadstring and found nothing.
c) I’m currently not using any plugins nor have any of them installed but used few of them back then and I might have edited the game while those plugins were installed. So if they were malicious they might infected my place. However, those plugins were the most used plugins that were in the first pages and created by verified users (verified to be the original owner, I could only tell it by their endorsement rate).

And I’m also running on a fresh OS so the roblox player and roblox studio are installed recently and I don’t remember having this issue before resetting my machine. However, I don’t think it might be related to my OS. Or maybe, it might :slight_smile:

Anyways, thanks for your time reading this
hope you all have a nice day.

7 Likes

Did you insert free models? Every time you insert a free model, you should check the scripts.

Also, I experienced Studio randomly opening to the

page, but not a empty Baseplate.

I know that F6 opens a play test in a new window, does something happen on mobile?

Edit (July 14th):

It’s probably because you’re pressing Ctrl + N.

1 Like

No, I don’t even remember the last time I used a free model.

I wasn’t doing something related to Roblox on my mobile. I was just killing some time on social media. What I mean is, again, there is no way for me to press any button that may trigger Roblox Studio to open any type of new window.

And I forgot to mention, “Stop” and “Clean Up” button also grays out even though it is a solo play window which is the most scary part when you come to think of it xD
So I have to click on the close button in the most top right (I mean the close window button for Windows)

I am occasionally experiencing this issue, I will be in solo testing and in the middle of doing something studio will open up a local server with 2 players out of no where without me being present at the keyboard and doing something else.

Should be changed to Studio Bugs

4 Likes

I wasn’t able to post this on to Studio Bugs so I posted it here nevertheless.

Im starting to have it also.

characters

Yeah, same here. It’s happening to me too.

Me too! Also, this thread should probably be moved to studio bugs.

Has anybody found the solution to this? Currently, it opens 1-3 servers almost every time I playtest and 2-6 clients. trying to ALT-F4 the pages or cleanup still doesn’t work, and it lags out my computer, even in my low-demand game. Makes developing actively the most painful thing on the planet, and really slows down workflow.

You found a solution for this? I have recently started experiencing this issue.

In a case like this, my very first suspect would be the mod/add-on I just added to my studio. Then I would start working my way backwards, removing added mods till I find it. The studio isn’t going to do this on its own.

This has started without any plugins, mods, or whatever. I’ve reinstalled the studio multiple times, same problem.

This only happens when you edit that game?

Any game. I edited a game from when I first joined Roblox, still happens.

idk … Maybe try this from someone else’s iPhone.

Roblox Studio on iPhone? what… do you mean?

A solution is less likely to be found in a thread posted in #help-and-feedback. This sounds like a platform issue, so I suggest making a bug report by messaging Bug-Support and having them make a thread for you.

I FOUND OUT WHY
I think after pressing the stop button in the simulation tab, my mouse is over the start server button. And Roblox Studio thinks I pressed the stop button(maybe cuz I double-tapped).

if anyone has the ability to post in studio bugs please make post about it
its still an issue and it happens every time.
its been like this for so long and it still has not been fixed!

starting to experience this also they should add some type of prompt beforehand or something

1 Like