My Scripting Showcase. [K1mK1]

Hey yo! I’m K1mK1 (kimki), I am 19 years old and I have about 8 years of game development experience in Roblox. For now, this is all the information I can give you about myself, now let’s talk some business :3

Some of the work I’ve done:

Some Rules for hiring:

• I do not accept long-term jobs.
  • Before starting script, 25% of the money or Robux I will receive as a down payment should be given.
  • Please describe the system you want me to script in a clear language.
  • those were the rules :smiley:

Information About Myself:

• GMT+3
  • ENG/TR
  • If any issue pop up after I’m done with the script, I’ll fix it.
  • I can spare about 4-5 hours a day for your work.

Payment Info:

• I Accept R$ and $
  • I do not accept offers below 5k Robux ($17.5), even if it is a short-term job.
  • As I said in the rules section, I will receive 25% as a down payment before starting work.
  • The wage I will ask for will vary depending on the difficulty of the script I write.

Thankie! :wink:

3 Likes

sigh…

Belongs in #collaboration:portfolios… not in #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback

1 Like

Nice portfolio but as katie said yeah. (Otherwise your topic will get deleted).

1 Like

I fixed, thank you, I forgot how to use the devforum after not looking at it for a long time.

Uhh huh. Also seeing your portfolio… it’s kind of bad… Lookwise as well as generally, it’s not fair for the client, only for you.

You say, that you only accept offers above 10k robux which according to you is 35 USD. It’s quite an unfair pricing in robux terms. You should keep it at 20 usd for small/short-term commissions and increase accordingly. And in such a case, don’t use robux price with dev ex percent.

As for the decor, you should see my portfolio and crazed bricks portfolio.

As you can see, mine is a bit more clean and more professional. While yours is uhh… raw.

I said it is not an easy job, it is a short time job. Also, $35 is quite affordable for a short-time job, but of course this depends on your understanding of “short-time job”.
For example, I count the ship + wave system I shared above as a short-time job and accordingly, $35 is not a high amount at all.

• Even if I was offered a job for less than $35, I wouldn’t accept it, that’s it.

uhh… I looked at your portfolio, you prepared it well, but I cannot say the same for the content.

1 Like

To be honest I think I prefer his to yours, just becuase of the simplicity of the layout. For a portfolio to look professional you don’t need big flashy signs (in fact on yours, the black/white effect on titles is too much and makes it hurt to look at the title for periods of time). There are a few issues with this portfolio as well, but I’d still say it looks better than the one you posted.

Content-wise, his actually provides some information about himself (first paragraph) which is very useful, especially when deciding whether to work with him or not. Yours doesn’t (I suggest you add some into yours btw), and as for the minimum of 35$, yeah, it is a bit steep, but if those are his rules then who are we to say anything. I agree that 20$ would be better to have as a minimum though.

Finally,

Thats not very nice to say so bluntly, rather than being rude (even if you didnt mean to be rude, it came across that way) you could have said something along the lines of “It’s ok, but here are some tips to improve: blah blah…”. Politeness is the beauty of the speaker.

That’s your opinion honestly. I find this portfolio to look worse as it’s not well organized. It would be better if it could include keywords in header text rather than in plain old bolded text. I suppose I could reduce the height of my images but this still doesn’t mean that his portfolios is better. That’s again, your opinion only.

You probably didn’t care looking through mine. Please look thoroughly before ranting about others stuff!!

As you can see I clearly provided information about myself and my past work experiences. Do you see anything like past work experiences in OP’s post?

And good thing you agree on one thing.

Am I suppose to lie to the user? I am being honest here. There is nothing much to say about OP’s portfolio that could make me say: “It’s good.” Also the fact that I am actually providing suggestions on how to improve rather than you who is just ranting about some actual feedback.

1 Like

Firstly, I think we should continue this conversation in DMs if you want to reply, as not to take up space in this thread.

Thank you for stating literally what I wrote at the start of the paragraph:

On the contrary I had the pleasure (or opposite of- Im just kidding) of reading yours before I came across his. I found his through your portfolio, after going through it and watching your videos as well. In your post you mention that you have been a developer for 4 years, since early 2020. You mention that you have learned x skills. Very nice. One thing you missed out on that I feel is really helpful is your age. I understand that you dont have to mention your age if you want to keep it private, but it is a factor in whether people choose to hire you or not. For example, I am much more likely to hire someone who is 18 and can script than someone who is 13 and can do all of the skills which you mentioned above. This is due to the mental maturity, ability to manipulate concepts and interpolate / extrapolate with better accuracy and a better idea of what you are doing, and even down to communication - an 18 year old tends to communicate better. That isnt to say that every 18 year old is better at all the above than a 13 year old, but generally. I hope you get my point.

(Side point, its grammatically incorrect to say most finest, which you wrote in your post.)

While you are correct that he didn’t mention his past experiences working on games with teams / solo, he linked videos showcasing his abilities in his post. Experience with teams is preferred of course, because then you tend to be able to communicate, stick to deadlines, be transparent, etc. a lot better. Might I add, you didn’t mention this in your reply to his portfolio either.

Its not about lying or being truthful, its about being tactful in the way you say things to people, which will induce an effect or emotion. People are moved by emotions much more than simply by logic (hence when you write persuasively you compel the emotions of the audience). I apologise for my post being so direct, which it was, but that was in response to how you had completely shut his post down (thats the impression I got from reading your reply). While you had some feedback on how to improve, constructive criticism incites greater action than dismissal or downright shunning.

I hope you understand where I am coming from and why I wrote what I did.

Nice portfolio. I’m a scripter for about 5 years and I’ve looked at your portfolio. To be honest, I think you’re capable of making your own website. Using a dev forum is fast but maybe too typical.

And considering how forums allow conversation, sometimes it causes off-topic arguments like the one below. That’s why I wouldn’t recommend dev forum portfolios cause it’s just going to distract clients.

I do not accept offers below 10k Robux ($35), even if it is a short-term job.

Um, maybe specify and let your clients know that you’re the scripter that can do the complex stuff. For example, tell them that normally, you take about 300 to 1000 lines of code commissions (idk lol, but I do around 200 to 500) to let clients know how complex the project you take are.

Your simple statement might make people think that u do 10-20 lines for 35k robux. Keep in mind that DevEx rates is 10k = 35$USD, but people can only buy 10k robux officially for 99.99$USD

No thank you. I want to stop this argument as it’s meaningless.

No you didn’t but okay. I’ll suppose you did sooo sorry.

Then why did you mention that mine had less info than OP’s when technically I provided more. Only difference is that I didn’t provide age details which I would say you are right on. Thanks. I’ll make sure to add them as well.

Thanks, fixed it. Removed “most”.

I find it neccessary as I did make a topic regarding my own portfolio actually. Previously my portfolio was somewhat like OP’s like it didn’t have banners and much detail on previous work. According to that user which did help me, such experiences are neccessary so that the client knows who they are hiring. As for me not mentioning that. I did state my portfolio so kind of in-direct. I know not everyone can understand in-direct speech so it’s fine. I understand that point.

My speech kind of depends on the context of the post and the user. The post itself wasn’t really that good. I know I could have given more constructive criticism by showing affection to OP’s post but the way the post is formatted doesn’t really look soo appealing. It’s a choice of emotion at that point. Also the fact that at first OP putted this in the wrong category kind of made me a bit aggressive.

Maybe. I don’t wanna get into this much.

Anyways. I’ll just conclude the topic with this that, I’ll fix the issue with my portfolio on me not showing my age and oversized banners. As for the “lesson” you gave about my behaviour. I’ll just say it depends on the post and user. I am not always rude and mean, which you could see from my other replies on the forum and topics.

1 Like

Very nice reply, thank you :grinning:

I enjoyed reading.

I did too. Good talk. Wish you a good day. Bye!

1 Like

I created this post to quickly send it to people who want to hire me elsewhere, so I didn’t want to pay attention to the layout and give detailed information.

Also, I don’t understand why it bothered you so much that I put the category incorrectly, you told me my mistake and I changed it, so for you to get aggressive for that reason, it seems a bit childish to me.

And I would like to say again that the money you want is directly proportional to your experience.
When I said short-term job, I wasn’t talking about a simple job, there is no sentence like “I want a minimum of $35 for simple jobs” in the text I wrote.

Please end this pointless topic here. Thank you.

1 Like