My second roblox a build Police station

Greetings! I was going in my old builds and I came across my police station for a game.
Keep in mind this is my second build. Now the build itself is okay, but I need help with the lighting, I don’t know how to make the lighting, and I got to say it was my first time making the lighting.

hallway

That’s all I got to present to you guys, if you guy’s have any questions or like feedback I am going to take them all! Bye :wink:

6 Likes

It’s hard to tell, the image is really small. But from the second image it seems way too bright.

1 Like

Which picture are you talking about?

1 Like

First is small and second is bright.

1 Like

The first one is at 100% and the second is bright because I need help with the lighting.

1 Like

For the lights themselves, I would recommend making them a lot smaller than they are now. Example:

Just play around with settings on the lights because now it looks like you have the brightness up high but the range is really short.

For my builds I usually like to lower the brightness and increase the range so that the room is filled with light but it’s not overwhelming.

2 Likes

Lighting is one of the more challenging aspects of building environments. When trying to light up the place, you always want it to match the genre by using 3 different light-properties:

• SpotLight: emits light in a specific direction
  • SurfaceLight: emits light for an entire face of the specified object
  • PointLight: emits light in all directions

Although I’m not an expert with lighting, it looks as if you just placed some neon white parts in the ceiling without adding light properties to them. Try inserting SpotLights in the ceiling lights, and adjust their brightness and/or range to your preferred settings.

If the lighting doesn’t reach the floor and fails to bright the place up anyway, simply make a SurfaceLight to the floor.

There are also some tutorials you can watch, which may also include plugins but that’s the best I can suggest related to lighting. Every building is different and there’s no specific way to brighten up your indoors.

2 Likes

I like this so far. One thing I would recommend is to add more detail into your exterior design and fix the interior lighting. Other than that, great progress! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know if that’s how you wanted the police station but dim the light but otherwise it’s beautiful