My server browser just broke out of nowhere?

Hi,

So basically I have the starting place set as my Lobby with a simple server browser.
This lobby has been working 100% fine until about 10 hours ago. The place was last updated 3 weeks ago so I don’t think this has anything to do with my scripts and is due to some changes Roblox had to be making the last couple of hours.

This picture is from the Dev Console.
To try and debug it, I added a spam == kick protection aswell as printing if this occurred.
Nothing printed.

Random spikes of data usage spikes when player join/leave. Sometimes they are at ~120KB while other times they are as high as 12000KB.
Not sure if its related :man_shrugging:

Any support is appreciated. The place has not been touched in 3 weeks and suddenly breaks. What do?

Seems like you forgot to implement a .OnServerEvent function to handle your request.

Thank you for your feedback, but then again:

The place has not been touched in 3 weeks and suddenly breaks

There is a .OnServerEvent, it has been working for the last month at least and the lobby seem to work fine for a short while after they restart. I can not pinpoint exactly when they break.

What does your client and server script look like?

Don’t got them available right now but in a nutshell:

• Lobby finds available servers from a DataStore and saves them in a configfolder available to clients.
  • Player fires a remote with either server name or “quick play”.
  • Lobby receives remote, if server is selected, teleport to that server, if not, teleport to a new server.

Its pretty simple stuff that has been working for a long time. Now, on broken lobbies, its not possible to do any of the above and servers from the DataStore does not appear.

No errors on client or server.

New error shows up
Error3

Roblox’s services are down. The error is self-explanatory

Any idea about the main issue tho?

Either you are firing it too much or you didn’t set up a listener on the server or client.

Like I said several times before, the script has worked for at least a month, it just suddenly broke.

Although I think I got some new information.
I added a bunch of prints to see where things stop and this is what I now know:

• When a new lobby is created, it is a chance of it being broken. (This is completely random)
  • The script runs fine until it starts one specific function: MessagingService:SubscribeAsync(“ServerToLobbyUpdate”, function(message).

This function was already in a pcall() but did not return any success or error.
I made a loop to rerun the function if it did not finish in 10 sec.

So basically, there is something wrong with MessagingService:SubscribeAsync
It does not return any errors or such, it only yields the script.

As seen under, the functions is attempted restarted with no errors or pcall() success tags being fired. I also tried without a pcall().

pls help

no one helped yet but I hope someone will…

2 Likes