My ships become very unstable with the PGS physics solver

Man this place takes a LONG time to load for me.

Should we consider using the simple-repro level you posted to verify behavior?

1 Like

It seems that the behaviour of the ships when players walk on them has improved a lot, ships don’t get kicked away anymore, but return to their former position. There is still a lot of shaking on some of my ships though, when tested with multiple players. The video with it is here:

The ship which was given in the repro (blue cargo ship) doesn’t have this issue at all now, however, it’s still noticeable in some cases, even though the effect is not as “crazy” anymore. It’s definitely going in a better direction. If anyone would like, I can upload another repro, this time including the ship from this video (cruise ship).
1 Like

How well does your machine handle the performance on that level? Does your game stay at 60 FPS or does it drop sometimes?

Can you do the repro you posted again, but this time with Micro-Profiler enabled (See: Steps to Report a Bug).

I want to verify whether it looks like your perf drops down to potentially cause the fix to disable itself.

Also another repro with the above ship would be nice!

1 Like

Here’s another video, this time with Micro-Profiler:

There were 3 players aboard, not counting me.

I̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶r̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶f̶r̶a̶m̶e̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶p̶s̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶6̶0̶ ̶F̶P̶S̶.̶
Actually, I do have very slight drops sometimes, but I would not say they’re caused by the movement of the ship.

I will send you the cruise ship on PM.

1 Like

Can you please test this on the default Roblox pirate game in studio?

ShipRepo.rbxl (1.1 MB)

Also you can fix humanoids colliding with the ship by using the new collision groups. Humanoids don’t collide with the ship on the captain’s client, but on their client they do. But I would prefer if there was some more default behavior instead.

Also I don’t like how limiting smooth terrain water is; so my mate Siren10 is working on triangle water.

2 Likes