My tanks, and how they're made

So, I started making an IS-2 heavy tank from World War 2 a few days and, and took pictures of the creation process,

First off, A short history of the tank:
The IS-2 (or JS-2) tank was a heavy tank in World War 2. It was made to be able to take out German Panthers, Tigers, and King Tigers.
the IS tank family (IS 1-10) was named after “Joseph Stalin”, who at the time they were first developed was in charge of Communist Russia.
the IS-2 sports a 122mm Cannon, that has a 2-part loading process, of a shell, then the charge, and a crew of 4 (driver, gunner, loader, commander)

Warning: large images ahead.

This in an image of the in-game blueprint i use to make my tanks. It is ripped straight from World Of Tanks, and scaled down 50% to give the accurate size in-game.

Starting on the hull, i’m going to not show the blueprint for the rest of the images, seeing as it’d just hide the tank.

Some more hull Details on the hull, including spare fuel tanks and storage boxes.

Road wheels, all are one CSG part each.

Track parts are in place, base on the Blueprint.

Beginning work on the turret, just the one side, going to mirror when I’ve got it right.

Back of the turret, Thank you, Stravant for making the gap-fill plugin.

Front part of the turret.

Mantlet part is done,

Barrel and other part of the Mantlet.

Turret is now closed in the back, parts are being CSGed.

Shells added to the hull, and some minor interior details.

And the projectile storage is added to the back of the turret.

Started on the cannon breech.

Finished cannon breech.

Finished turret interior, you can see the projectiles and the shells, as the loader would need access to them.

Finished exterior at my place.

And, that’s the building process i go through to make my tanks.
You can drive it here
control instructions are in the place description.

1 Like

Making stuff based on 3D models is fun:

I gave up though – way too much work for just the helmet (not including arms, torso, legs, etc):

This is so neat, it’s amazing on how talented you are with CSG Modeling!

1 Like

thank you c:

1 Like