My unions disappear

Ok so I’ve been trying to get into building recently and my unions always disappear when in game when I publish it, they still appear in Roblox Studio though. Picture from roblox studio

Picture in game

1 Like

Try not to union it? Or make it a model instead, I’m not too much of a builder so I don’t really have an idea on it.

1 Like

Try the Search tool up top because this has been answered many times in these forums.
Unions can be corrupted, even if they are simple ones. More likely though if they are complex.
You may need to rebuild them, or try reverting back to a previous version.

1 Like

I believe this happens when you have a poor Wi-Fi connection(From my experience)

You can try and revert the game back to before the union disappeared.
If that doesn’t work then I recommend not trying to union large amounts of parts.
Segregate the parts into smaller unions or just model them instead.

Here’s another question. Are they Anchored and CanCollide on?
If they aren’t they could just be dropping through the floor and being destroyed as they out of the workspace.
While in test mode can you ‘see’ them listed in the Explorer window? If you can they are still there but not visible. If not they have been removed from the workspace.

1 Like

I’ve decided to just model them instead of doing unions.

Here, when this happens, insert a script with the following code into them.

script.Parent.Transparency = 1
wait(1)
script.Parent.Transparency = 0
wait(1)
script.Parent.Transparency = 1
wait(1)
script.Parent.Transparency = 0

That’s what I used last time this happened to me. There’s probably a better way, maybe you can make the waits shorter, haven’t tested that though.

unions are notorious for corrupting/ causing performance issues. Theyre also extremely unappealing, learn modelling and save yourself tons of hassle whilest picking up an extremely valuable skill.

2 Likes

This is a common issue that happens with unions. My best suggestion is to undo these unions and try again. This is simply a bug and happens every now and then.

1 Like