My upcoming game, Flight!

Flight! is a game that I have been working on since June, alongside @chichine, @ninjasheep and @The_Frame. Thanks to @Simoon68 for letting us use his map for testing, greatly appreciated! :smiley:

It’s a game about paper planes, and the aim of the game is to fly around maps against other players to try to be 1st. You also collect coins, which can be spent on skins for planes, which the community have greatly contributed to.

Here are some screenshots of the game.

Screenshots

We are planning to release the game sometime around this month - February, and if you would like to test before it comes out, please join this group. You will get a free skin!

If you have any ideas for the game, please let me know. We have a lot of ideas for v1.2, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated :smiley:

5 Likes

Please note that there’s alot of glitch yet, it isn’t recommended to not test until this week-end :slight_smile:

1 Like

Forgot to mention that you can’t start testing right away. It’s still a WIP!

Awesome game concept! If I had any constructive criticism to give, I would say as a suggestion that you could have more colors in your UI as it’s very green.

I could definitely see myself playing this game for an extended amount of time. What are your plans for monetization and user retention besides coins and skins? I’m very interested in seeing where this game goes! :-]

2 Likes

Thank you!!

I designed the logo last June and just picked that random shade of green, and everything seems to have fit around it. I’ll probably colour the coins menu a shade of yellow to make it stand out more. B)

We have around 32k for monetization. I’m thinking of spending 1k on ads, 1 of each 3, for 3 days, so around 9k for 3 days, having ads that say ‘3 days to go’, or something like that, to build up hype, and maybe stick a code on it as well.

I want to keep the majority of the money for sponsoring though, as that seems to work out well.

1 Like

my 100% totally unbaised opinion says that the game is “aight”

:wink:

Also if anyone by the release time has any map ideas shoot me a message, I’m currently working on a palace courtyard map, but with teapots because reasons.

1 Like

Were you inspired by https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/air-wings/id496386846?mt=8 ?

Will there be powerups to attack your opponents?

It’s not a fighting game, but we are thinking of making a separate game mode where you can battle.

I’ve never heard of that game :stuck_out_tongue: I just brainstormed one day and thought of the idea.

A few things I’ve noticed:

1. The chat is too much in the way. The green background should be transparent and closer together. The reason is because when you play the game, you don’t want to put some massive GUI that gets in the way of the beautiful scenery. The 3D part is what should be emphasized. This is my opinion though.
  2. Image second to last, I feel you shouldn’t use roblox’s square thing (the thing on top of the ring). Either use your own GUI for it (I can help with this if needed) or make a big arrow on top of it that is pointing to it (make sure it moves up and down for added effect. :slight_smile: )
  3. Also, for the round GUI, maybe make the oval into a plane image? :stuck_out_tongue: Just a random idea you might find interesting.
  1. The chat has been fixed to disappear after 8 seconds if not in use.
  2. The square marker was a test, and has been updated to a floating arrow, but thank you for the feedback :slight_smile:
  3. Hmm, sounds interesting. I’m remaking the logo so it won’t look as pixelated, so I’ll pass it onto The_Frame.

Thank you!

1 Like

Don’t know if this was related or just pure coincidence but thank you @berezaa -san.

_79bdfe9b7f0947439c92be62a211b590-png.jpg

Imagine how fun it would be to have a map and skin for a sponsored event, as well as normal prizes!!

Aye aye. Say the word you know how fast I can release a map :wink:

Some more constructive criticism adding onto @SilentBuddy’s:

• Don’t have a background on the chat, it looks weird and isn’t that pleasing to look at. Make the text outline green or something if you’re that insistent on it.
  • Most of the interface feels too empty as if the frame takes up the entire screen just to fill up screen space. It is most evident on the “codes” menu which has so much space between the text labels.
  • If you’re gonna stick with green, add in a color that adds a high amount of contrast. I like the white text on green background, but the buttons on the options menu definitely need a little something.
  • Shop sidebar feels intrusive, it definitely shouldn’t be that wide or have buttons that big. I’d suggest much smaller buttons going across the top as to give as much space to the actual shop as possible.
  • I like the shade of green that you chose for many of the guis, there’s just not enough contrast to make it appealing.