My version of that classic song Wind of Fjords!

You are free to use it however you please. I just ask for attribution. And of course, attribution to Soft Knees for the original song!

Wind of Fjords - Soft Knees [Chrythm Edition] - YouTube

Feedback much appreciated!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think the phasing is causing a mix of issue in the sound. This is also a case of “too many OTTs and Soundgoodizers!” as they would call it, the sound pumps too much to my liking. Interesting idea and approach on an old classic, especially the piano.

The first synth has a subpar panning balance, it is panned to the left but I could use a more call-and-response panning technique in this as a suggestion.

The drums could use a better treatment I suppose? The synths just don’t like them and they overpower it.

You are on the money about the soundgoodizers and OTTs. I cranked it up to the max and kept it there for the whole song, which I have come to regret. And I agree about the phasing, I wish I hadn’t put one at all.

Interesting panning idea, I don’t usually do much with panning other than an initial run through of all the instruments. Reflecting on the drums, they are buried in the back and could use more oomph. Thank you for the feedback, I wasn’t thinking about these things until you pointed them out.

1 Like