My very first scripted game

Hello!

This is my very first game I’ve completely scripted my self, I’ve been scripting for about 6 months now all together and got the idea for this game a few weeks ago. I went ahead and given it my all trying to make an enjoyable robloxified version of Cookie Clicker.

The game still is very bare-bones at the moment and is missing things like:

• The collection tab, where you would unlock certain items by using your heads to replicate famous roblox characters
  • Statistics tab
  • Hat functionality, since I haven’t yet found an efficient way of doing this. (I know this is a big one to not have working :frowning: )
  • Settings
  • Upgrades outside of the rebirth shop
  • And most likely a host of bugs and glitches that I’ve overseen so far.

I’ve done a few hours of testing my self now and I personally really like the game. As far as the “Buildings” go there is definently still a lack there of. But tha is simply because I don’t know what to use as a source of income that makes sense with the theme of the game.

I would very much love some feedback on what I can add, remove and improve upon!
Game link

8 Likes

A quick imge of what the game looks like:

6 Likes

I love this game, but there is one bug. I’ve tested it with an auto-clicker and found that if you have enough clicks to purchase something and then spam-click the purchase block, sphere, wedge, etc., it will result in negative clicks, like -965 and other similar numbers.

1 Like

Oh that’s weird! I’ll go ahead and give it some testing my self and see what might be causing that.

3 Likes

The game is awesome, but people shouldn’t be using auto-clickers. I’m sorry for using one. I just found out there’s an in-game purchase for an auto-clicker. For 6 months of scripting, this was done very well. Did you make this game all by yourself? Also, the difference between the 70k one and the 5m one is quite huge. It will take a long time for people to get that much. Good game though, I really like it!

1 Like

Yeah ive been meaning to add a lot more buildings and redo the current ones, working on a formula to calculate what the price increase/rate increase per buikding should be.

Yeah ive made the game all by my self! Im glad you like it so much!

As far as auto clickers are concerned i would use one my self too, ive only got the gamepass to give people the option and because im planning on making it so it does everything automatically like purchase buildings etc.

Thank you for playing and the feedback!

3 Likes

I really like this game, and for a first game it is great, but there are a couple things. Firstly, why is there a picture of natural disaster survival in the background? I personally think it would look better as like an animated background with heads bobbing back and forth or something. Secondly, when something unlocks for one to buy, ot says a price and a “rate” for small children it could be unclear on what that means. For instance, does that mean you get an extra five heads every second? Or does it mean that you multiply your clicks by five? Thirdly, for rebirthing it constanly said that i needed a billion more heads, its not a big deal, but it would be cool if instead you made that number count down to a billion: If the player has a million clicks the number would say 999 million to go

(Once you make enough you should definitely hire someone to make actual thumbnails)

1 Like

Cool game! I would however suggest changing the fact that the upgrades don’t enhance per clicks, rather, just you getting clicks per second automatically. Basically make the upgrades effect mouse clicks not a default timer.

2 Likes

The upgrades are something im still planning on doing! The items that add to the clicks per seconds are the buildings. The top right of the gui says “work in progress” will be the part that fits the upgrades for clicks per click and other upgrades

3 Likes

Agreed. This change would, a) be more clear, and b) make autoclickers more valuable. Since they dont enhance ones click rate. Once you get kinda far the amount you click doesn’t really matter

2 Likes

Very good note on the part that says rate! I fully agree and will update it as soon as i get home :slight_smile: !

For the rebirt part I’ll play around with a few more options for displaying the amount left to go, it looks much better once you get into millions-billions per second since its actually ticking down but at the start it definently doesnt look as apealing as it could be and maybe even a little demoralizing seeing it not move at all for the first 10 minutes of you playing.

Thank you so much for the feedback ill definently put it to use!

2 Likes

Agreed! Especially if ylu end up getting the auto clicker gamepass its kind of useless past 1m heads with the lack of upgrades the game currently has

1 Like

I know technically this isn’t allowed, but I did some looking and I found out that everything is handled on the client.
explain
If an exploiter went into their player folder and changed the baseclicks to a big number, they could get as many clicks as they want. To fix this you might want to make the clicking either fire a remote event or have it be handled by a script within the PlayerGui.

I did this because i calculate the baseclicks on the server and use them to fire a serverevent on the client, what would be a saver way of doing this then?

You have it so the client will calculate how much clicks to add onto the already existing clicks. This is bad because you can’t ever trust the client. Instead you should have the server calculate how much more clicks to add.

2 Likes

Just finished the first update! Here is everything I changed:

• Removed a lot of vulnerabilities. Making it a lot harder to exploit.
  • A Shop UI that allows you to buy “Time-Skip” based on your heads per second and that lists all the game passes etc.
  • Added Hats and changed the Effects tab to Backgrounds in the Rebirth shop.
  • Made it all a bit more colorful
  • Upgrades for your mouse click are now added. This allows you to for example have 10% of your overall HPS per click. Making clicks always useful instead of only at the start
  • Rewrote some scripts to prevent duplication etc. allowing the game to run at 5 extra FPS on my very low end device. (I had a stupid amount of while true loops doing things when they shouldn’t be)
  • Updated balancing and moved the rebirth price from 1 Trillion to 10 Billion. This should allow player to finish the core-loop faster and allowing them to get to the fun part faster.
  • Applied accesories in the Rebirth-Shop now save and are loaded when you join. Your beautiful creations will now stay :slight_smile:

This is an early version of this update, tomorrow the upgrades will be 100% functional since right now it doesn’t display what they do, how much they cost etc. Going to be using the same hover effect as Rebirth Store.

Would love some feedback!

Also sadly had to reset progress because of some of the changes to the datastore handling. <3 Will think of a way to make it right to y’all.

Game Link