Mystic Island [Showcase]

Hi,
I recently finished my showcase game Mystic Island. I am wondering if there is something that I should improve.
Here are some images of the showcase!

4715988831b2e9018ce760ffa79536e2

5 Likes

Looks really friendly and enjoyable. Has a joyful tone, and the lowpoly style is nice. Maybe more detail at certain areas? But overall good job.

1 Like

not bad, i really like the simple style to it

only thing i’d improve about it is the main land where the small shrine thing you have is at
needs a bit more to it on the sides

keep building!

1 Like

such a beautiful, amazing, calm and quiet
the low poly build look so…peaceful. the low poly build has made was great and also nice at the same time but can you make the game that can teleport to somewhere else.
like other terrains.
I think that all I gonna say to this picture so…
Great Job
“Keep Moving Foward”

1 Like

Looks good, but I recommend changing the lightning, it’s too bright imo.

3 Likes

Looks like a place where you can sit around with friends and strangers and talk about life. Looks really neat, and you executed the low-poly design profoundly. Great work! :+1:

1 Like

It’s a well decent made game I liked the low poly terrain and objects. However, I still think that the sun rays aren’t necessary here because it’s commonly used to emphasize what’s near the players instead of allowing them to look far or simply add realism to their realistic creations, so I think there should be sun rays if so they should be high up where it would add a bit of shine to the game instead of over shining it.

I have also noticed that the grass color scheme is different where it’s light on one land and dark on the other.
but on the light-toned grass, you have matched the actual grass to the grass brick but haven’t done the same to the dark-toned grass

Grass Image

!

and for the Galileo or Normal telescope, you might want to use some bricks in it to enhance its look, because it’s currently all made of cylinders which is good but that’s just an improvement point.

Telescope Image

For the terrain part, you can add abstraction to it so it could have that hard work on point because right now it’s good and all but it looks like you have duplicated and resized it into the grass above it. You might want to choose between the two, I would suggest it for the grass so you can create an actual abstraction to the rocks that hold them, and perhaps you could use clay colors to mix it with the rocks so it could create a connection to it being in the water.

Terrain Image

Finally, the trees, the trees here look pretty amazing but you might use a variety of trees and different branches that would help bring the satisfactory to your gameplay.

Tree Image

P.S: You could also add variety of rocks :relaxed:

Good luck on your Showcase! :smile:

2 Likes

Overall the showcase looks pretty good, I would use some music though, because having a showcase with music would be awesome! I would add some stuff to the islands like trees, flowers, grass, etc.

1. I don’t really understand the effects coming from spawn and the middle of the building on the main island. If they had a use, that would be pretty cool.

2. I think there should be something related to do with the telescope, because that would be really cool to see.

1 Like

Looks like a place where you can sit around with friends and strangers and talk about life. Looks really neat, and you executed the low-poly design profoundly. Great work! :+1:

1 Like