Name auto filling in search bar (without even clicking)

Although already mentioned 6 times…I want to add that it isn’t just the profile page, like everyone is saying. It seems to be (at least for me) every page besides the Home and Games page (i.e., Create page/Avatar Shop)

Edit: Now it’s on every page; Almost seems like this change just got “rolled out” in a way knowing that it took time before an immediate switch back to this error.

3 Likes

Don’t mind all the accounts but I can confirm this is happening again.
[Profile Page]

6 Likes

What in god’s name do you need all of those for @SillyMeTimbers? :joy:

Anyways, can confirm. A repeat of last time, except on every page.

Did a little bit of research, seems to be related to the fact that display names have been released to more countries?

3 Likes

Can’t confirm on any roblox.com page, using the version shown on Brave Release Notes | Brave Browser and located in the Southern US (no display names here just in case that may be the problem).

Only happens on create/develop, Avatar shop, My feed, Settings pages for me. Im on Google Chrome in the UK whilst other people get it when they go onto game pages, I think this helps?

1 Like

Then I have a hunch that they broke it with the display name update, which hasn’t been rolled out everywhere yet.

1 Like

Hey, this problem is still occurring for me, is there any solution? (Is this happening to anyone else aswell?)

3 Likes

The same thing has started to happen to me since yesterday.

3 Likes

Alright, I’m assuming it’s just a problem with the display names update since they haven’t rolled out everywhere, I have tried this on other browsers and had the same problem, not as often as google, but I can confirm at least on my end that it does still happen on other browsers.

7 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Use Likes instead of “This is happening to me too”

Try restarting your chrome, closing and opening it. It should work for you as it did for me.

1 Like

I just wanted to add, 20 hours later, that I discovered, it is also happening in the Twitter search bar for me, so maybe it isn’t Roblox related, but actually a fault from Google’s side? I’m not sure how, I would report this to Google though, so I’ll leave it with Roblox Staff, and try to have them inform Google about the issue.

An easy meanwhile fix, I found, is going into your google settings and disabling both autofill for payment and adresses.
Quick tutorial:

1. Press the 3 dots in the top right corner of your Google browser.
  2. Press settings.
  3. Select AutoFill on the top left of your screen.
  4. Go in Payment under AutoFill and disable the top option (save and autofill payment). Then back out.
  5. Go in Adresses under AutoFill and disable the top option (save and autofill adresses).
  6. Test in Roblox.

Hope this helps as a temporary fix, until we hear back from Roblox Staff!
Note: Please just like this post, no need for anymore unneccessary posts about the bug.

Thank you, have a nice day!

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.