Name auto filling in search bar (without even clicking)

I literally just refreshed on the Home page, and search bar filled in my name

If I click on the search bar, it prompts my saved passwords too

Is this something to be worried about?

42 Likes

That’s your password manager auto-filling your login details-sometimes they mis-identify fields as username/password fields. That’s why there’s a “manage passwords” button below it.

2 Likes

It shouldn’t be doing it on the search bar tho

2 Likes

It’s not a Roblox sided thing, your password manager likely mixed up that bar with a login bar.

2 Likes

This also started happening to me today and it irritated me so much :angry:

I was going to post this but I thought it probably only happened to me, but I’m glad I’m not the only one. This only happens with Google Chrome. I’ve tested other browsers and there isn’t much of a problem.

6 Likes

I’m seeing this issue too, only on the Group page.

I agree this is a browser issue and not a Roblox issue… but something must have changed somewhere for chrome to start mistaking the search bar for a password field.

6 Likes

Happend to me too, so frustrating. I usally pay attention to small things, and this is like not fun for myself. Is there any way of maybe fixing this issue?

5 Likes

Hey everyone, thanks for the reports. We are looking into the problem :+1:

20 Likes

The same happened here now, it started happening a few days ago but had never before occured.

2 Likes

its being worked on i promise :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Seeing that this is still being worked on, here is some information that could be useful

On the homepage, it does the auto fill

However on the games tab, it seems to not auto fill

3 Likes

Can confirm this – I get the autofill everywhere else except the games, money, feeds, and profile page, I don’t see any differences in the search bar’s HTML though so I wonder what is causing it.

Something must have changed on Roblox’s end, this wasn’t happening before and those specific pages haven’t got issues.

4 Likes

I can also vouch for this issue. It seems to only happen with I open the home page or a group page.

Hi everyone, this issue has been fixed. This was caused by Chrome’s autofilling feature. Please do check and let me know if you’re still having issues. Thanks for your patience on this matter.

16 Likes

Can confirm it has been fixed, cheers!

Hey, this started happening to me today. Autofills in the search bar on chrome. Exact same problem as Ninjo had last year. Happens everywhere for me, no matter the page.

18 Likes

I am having this issue aswell, it only pops up for me when I am on a ‘Profile’ page.
Glad to see that other people have this issue I thought I had been comprised with a sneaky plugin or something.

10 Likes

this issue has restarted again, just thought to let you know

5 Likes

This issue just happened to me too. This time it is present on your profile page.
Update: Also happens on the Develop Page, and the Catalog Page (Avatar Shop).

3 Likes

The issue is happening again.

3 Likes