Name tags | I am trying to add an extra option

I made a name tag for every player, now I am trying to add an option, for when you click on the text button, the text button transparency is set to 1 and the transparency of the frame is set to 1, leaving only the letters visible.

PLEASE NOTICE: (in the image below, the name of the “TEXTBUTTON” is “TextLabel” )

Screenshot (7)
Screenshot (8)

Maybe try using Button.MouseButton1Click instead of Mouse1ButtonDown?

I just tried it, but it still doesn’t work, am I supposed to insert an click detector?

You’re using a TextLabel. You should be using a TextButton.

Convert your text label to text button

as I mentioned above, it is an textbutton.

Clickdetectors only work for BaseParts (stuff like Unions, Parts, and Meshes), but I think I know what’s going on.

TextButtons only work inside of billboardgui’s if you have the gui inside of StarterGui directly, then you modify the adornee property to set the position to be at the nametag part as such:

well I’ve tried to put the clickdetector under the part, and then change the script to function when the part is clicked, but still doesn’t work

The original code was fine, and you don’t need to use a clickdetector.
As explained previously my post above, you need to set the parent of the BillboardGui directly to the PlayerGui, and then set the adornee to the nametag part. Your TextButton should work fine after doing such.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.