Nametags on respawn

Hey, im currently working on a nametag system in my game and im wondering how I would equip the nametag when the player respawns. Any help will be appreciated

What type of name tag? Like above the head BillboardGui name tag? If so then you should use CharacterAdded since I’m assuming that your name tag doesn’t come back once you respawn. Once the player’s character loads in, just give him the name tag.

1 Like

You can use the Player.CharacterAdded event. It will fire every time the player’s character is added to the game.

1 Like

I recommend one of the video tutorials of @Alvin_Blox in youtube. You can find the complete and functional tutorials there for Name Tag on Spawn.

1 Like

Heres the script from alvinblox.

local billboardgui = game:GetService("ServerStorage"):WaitForChild("BillboardGui")

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)

player.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(character)

if player:IsInGroup(2870505) then -- Set the number to your group ID !
            local clonedgui = billboardgui:Clone()
            clonedgui.TextLabel.Text = "Group member"
            clonedgui.TextLabel.TextColor3 = Color3.fromRGB(36,154,136)
            clonedgui.Parent = game.Workspace:WaitForChild(player.Name).Head -- Yes, you can also just say character.Head
        end

if player.Name == "alvinbloxx" then -- Change to your name or someone else's!
            if character.Head:FindFirstChild("BillboardGui") then
                -- If they already have a tag, either put code here to change the text or put nothing here to not add another
            else
                local clonedgui = billboardgui:Clone()
                clonedgui.TextLabel.Text = "Group owner"
                clonedgui.TextLabel.TextColor3 = Color3.fromRGB(63,255,136)
                clonedgui.Parent = game.Workspace:WaitForChild(player.Name).Head -- Yes, you can also just say character.Head
            end
        end

end)

end)
1 Like

Yeah its a billboard one, I used CharacterAdded and it works now thanks!