Nan, nan, nan on position

Its a baseplate. It is nto packed at all and a new game.

Yes, we are talking about the position, not the ortientation though?

Alright, what is the pivot point set to?

Just the middle of the item. Its a FM drone im attempting to redo, however, I have tried on other models, it does the same thing.

is this happening to you? i was about to post about this. its either nan,nan,nan or some crazy number. only able to move parts via free transform

studio was working fine earlier today

EDIT: this may be a studio bug.

2 Likes

the same thing happens to me
(edit: the video quality is low)
edit: when i move the part it moves to “0, -340282346638528859811704183484516925440, 0”

2 Likes

This has happened before attempting to update, Or demonstrate the bug.

1 Like

I think it has something to do with the studs number. Not sure

2 Likes

exactly the same as mine, just change the studs move unit, don’t make it 0, change it to 1 , go to model tab, it works for me, hope it helps

go to model tab, then change the move value , try change the unit e.g. 1 or any number then try again, hope it helps

I’m getting the exact same error.

@tnavarts discussed a fix for this. Take a look at their post.

Okay, I tracked this down. If you explicitly entered “0” as the last grid snap before I made the change to grid snapping today you’ll get the bad behavior until you set another non-zero grid snap.

I’m going to leave the flag on for now because it’s the same flag that fixes the really-annoying-problems-typing-into-the-gridsnap-box issue, but I’ll reevaluate tomorrow morning.

Do you think this is a workflow problem? The new behavior is that if you type zero it disables grid snap entirely instead of giving you an effective grid snap of 0.01 like it did before.

3 Likes

I just got this error myself. the part/mesh objects in game just teleport to position nan, nan, nan or a very high number. It appear to just vanish on screen but the part remains in the game. I can’t move anything atm.

1 Like

Same, I am unable to move any part, I am using F3X to move parts or models

If I move a part, its goes to 280282392332023 in Y axis

1 Like

this person solved it!! When object is being moved, its position glitch

1 Like

This happens to me too, but i fixed it disabling the rotate and move box in model tab

There is another issue where if the snap grid is set to, say 0.5, and I type in 0.25, it will make it 0.52. That might be why most of the analytics data talked about last year consisted of very high grid snap sizes.

1 Like

Jeez, I thought I was messing up each time I typed .025 into the tool value box and it shows up as .052!!
It’s happened about half a dozen times to me. I thought I was just over-tired and screwing up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.