Need a Developer Relations person/Roblox staff reply

There is nothing that really states it anywhere outside of people assuming or just guessing if it’s okay or not based off of things.

I need a specific answer from Roblox staff/Developer Relations relating to this question so I know if it’s safe to do to offer more to our community.

Is it okay if you offer in-game perks for being a Discord booster of a Discord server for the game/community you own. I need a definite answer and not a random community member, I have DMed a few Dev Relations and Roblox Staff here on the forum with no response. Please offer a response since Roblox support can’t give me an answer since it’s all bot responses and copy and pasted responses which is really annoying when I need a simple answer and they tell me nothing that answers me.

Perks things like more XP gains in-game or things along that nature for helping support our community via boosting our Discord server. Please offer a response please someone from the Roblox team with what is okay or not okay so we don’t have any question or risk to our communities based on this.

This would probably not be allowed because it’s

• related to discord, which is completely banned from Roblox unless inside specific places
  • could be considered off site in game purchases, which are not allowed

The issue is it’s not specifically stated, and the nitro boost is a benefit of discord the game creators don’t kind of money from a server boost. It’s just a small benefit for helping a server grow.

They won’t specifically give me an answer and I have DMed a few dev relations people and they fail to read or reply to any of the messages. Not really doing a good job at having a relationship to developers.

Lots of games do this I have seen even some big games but nothing happens to them but I wouldn’t risk it without a valid answer since Roblox is unpredictable when it comes to how they handle punishments with the vague rules this being one of them. Most other threads on this say it’s okay, but I think everyone would benefit from a direct answer on this from the team.

You should contact a lawyer about this stuff rather than people inside the company. They may not even know about what you’re talking about!

Just tag @DevRelationsTeam and there you go. You can also message them.

I don’t think it is allowed since it is third-party and could be risky. You can try though I’m not 100% sure I’m right.

EDIT: Discord is banned from roblox. So this is definitely not allowed.

I have messaged them, they just don’t reply. I have messaged more than a few of them.

Edit: Discord isn’t banned from Roblox it’s a age thing. They even let you show your discord server links now to 13+ in-game with the service they put out for it.

You should be patient. I assume you are waiting a few hours and then messaging another person. Messaging more people takes longer because there’s more messages to go through.

I am quite confused in regard to your question… Are you asking if it is safe if distribute in-game perks in case a user boosts a Roblox Discord server?

Yeah I’m pretty sure that is what they are talking about.

yes, but the answer is scattered since no one has a definite clear answer. Anywhere I look it’s a mixed line between it is okay and it is not due to factors like we don’t make any money and that’s just people using their discord benefits on their own and we offer a perk for them getting our discord it’s features. But no one has a definite answer and the dev relations people don’t ever reply.

It’s been weeks now at this point.