Need a stud texture on a MeshPart

• What are you attempting to achieve?

I need to put a stud texture on a MeshPart to make it look like a normal Part with stud surfaces. For context on why, see Parts rendered inside-out if camera is flipped horizontally - #6 by triplestryke321

• What solutions have you tried so far?

I’ve tried grabbing a stud texture from toolbox and setting the MeshPart’s textureID to the texture asset. It doesn’t work, instead generating a grid of grey and white tiles. I don’t think I’m using it correctly. I need the stud texture to work like a normal texture on a part.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I will try to give a couple suggestions

• If the mesh isn’t that complicated then get a normal part, set the transparency to 0.5 then put that part over the mesh then add studs onto that part (This isn’t the best solution)

• Get the Btools Plugin, select the mesh, add the studs on the surface

If those don’t work message me back and maybe send a picture of the mesh, hope this helps :slight_smile:

when exporting a mesh from roblox you get their respective textures. Use that, align the textures in blender then export. There is no other way of doing it.

1 Like

I can’t overlay a normal part, because that’s exactly what I need to avoid. The shape of the mesh is a regular rectangular prism, the exact same shape as a roblox part. I looked in marketplace for a Btools plugin but I can’t seem to find the one you are talking about.

I’m not experienced with using Blender. What are the steps to doing this?

Also, would I have to do this with every part I’d like to mirror?

There are tutorials on texture mapping you can go see them. I cant link any because i am on mobile and its hard on mobile.