Need Feedback For First GFX

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:
Hey everyone, I recently made a logo for my group, Runway Aesthetic.
I really want some feedback and improvements, and is trying to achieve to the point
where everything looks smooth. Keep in mind, I am new to this, and help would be appreciated.

1. Flare would cover the character (It’s a bit dim, but on the top right corner). All the tutorials for layers were not really helpful, and I would like to blend the character in with the flare.

2. I have tried Youtube videos, and asked a few designers for help on discord, but so far, no luck.

If someone can link me a good and short tutorial, or with some tips and feedback, that would be appreciated!

3 Likes

It’s good for your first one, I would suggest you change the text font and rearrange the way the text is layed out. Good job with the lighting in the background! Keep at it and you’ll get there :smiley:

1 Like

For your first GFX, it looks really good. One thing that I’d recommend is to make the character blend in the background more, make the text look part of the image, not just an extra layer, and add a little more detail on the back. Other than that, it looks great!

1 Like

Thanks! I am still trying to figure how to “blend” everything so it looks smooth though…

1 Like

Yeah when I first started GFX, it was kind of hard for me to blend it. But what I did is I added some shading to the render, and made the background have the same lighting as the render, and it somewhat looked good. I stopped making GFX because I wanted to learn how to script, but when I use to make them that’s what I did most of the time.

Oh, do you know how to add a shading in the art? I’m still trying to figure out, and need a tutorial.

While it’s basic what software did you create this in, editing programs blender ect?

The design looks alright but in order to achieve a decent approach i would try adding something lighting to cast that bright appearance you could consider throwing a cafe or things related to the style and theme your going for. I think that there isn’t enough lighting as that may be a reason why there are heavy shadows under the arm piece. The posing is good if you want to take it a step further include different objects in the background change the posing since it’s quite stiff me used in similar designs.

Other than that I would experiment into using 3D softwares to get a more interesting and appealing result, however if your going for something hasic include some useful props in the background.

1 Like

Well, if you’re using a 3D modeling program such as Blender, you can adjust the lighting used in the render, and have the background behing the rig in the render, and the lighting should affect the background too. I’m not too sure as I haven’t used Blender for GFX’s in over a year, but if that doesn’t work, try adding the background onto a cube using the UV mapping or whatever it is called.

1 Like