Need feedback on a potential "uber eats simulator" game idea

Hello! Lately i have came up with a potential game idea and i would love to hear some feedback about it.

The game would be about driving food from random unique restaurants/bars spread around a map to apartments/houses (basically being an uber eats driver in roblox). The main game mechanic would revolve around upgrading your vehicle (bike and eventually a car or a box truck) and unlocking new more profitable restaurants/customers, and perhaps at one point hiring AI workers to drive for you.

I was just wondering about the viability and potential interest in such an idea, so i would greatly appreciate any feedback. Would you play a game like that? Does it seem fun to you? Do you see any problems with this concept? Would you like to change anything?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/remarks!

4 Likes

I’m not sure how long the game would hold the Player’s interest, before they get bored of driving around in a vehicle just to deliver food to NPCs.

Some things you can do to make the game more engaging is:

• Adding badges or in-game items which Players can unlock by just passing a certain stat.
  • Adding interactive minigames or events, to make the gameplay more interesting, like your vehicle occasionally breaking down, memory minigames etc.
  • Add a navigation system for Players, since it’ll make it much easier for Players to navigate around the map, rather than having to zoom out to get a bird-eye’s view of the map (useful for supporting devices like Mobile).
  • Add different areas or towns that Players can travel to, after working and upgrading their pay from their current restaurant.
4 Likes

Perhaps it could be turned into more of a delivery company concept, where you work your way up from delivering food on a bike to a huge company hiring multiple AI drivers and delivering for multiple restaurants.
The cars breaking aspect could also be implemented like having to repair your vehicles when they occasionaly break, or servicing them often to avoid more costly repairs.

Thank you your feedback, your suggestions were really helpful!

3 Likes

Ima just copy this idea and make own game now, just kidding! This idea seems similar to Taxi games, which some do have success. Just driving in a plane old road could make it boring so having traffic, maybe parking tickets/cops, walking pedestrians, and other obstacles would make it more enjoyable. repairing cars seems like a good idea, especially if they hit one of the obstacles. and perhaps a feature where players have to stop for gas in the gas station like emergency response would be great too.

3 Likes