Need feedback on a prison cell

hello, I am making a prison cell kind of like mad city and jailbreak, I am only asking 2 things, your honest opinion, and detail i should add, detail can sometimes be a little difficult, for me and a lot of people, if you have thing you suggest adding into this build, please tell me

if you have any suggestions for the texture of the walls, I will really appreciate that

I like the concept of it and design, but what I see is that it’s a bit bright with all of the neon, and on the last picture I see one of the parts clip through the sink. Most of it is orange and I feel like it could not be that bright, but anyway it’s a cool creation!

3 Likes

thank you for that, imma dim it down a little

Hello! I saw your post and had some things I wanted to tell you! Somethings to note before I get into what you can do with the build.

1. There is a difference between inspiration and copying.
  2. What theme do you want?
  3. This is my honest opinion and will give that opinion anyway.

So let’s get into what you have right now and what I like and dislike from it.

The first thing I see right off the bat is the orange and neon. Neon has always been that love-hate relationship with materials. It can look really good or really bad. The way you have implemented it, it really hurts the eyes. So I would really just tone it down. If you like the look then make the neon more transparent which is a good trick to reduce the brightness and that “bloom” effect it has. Next is your color choice. You’re really prominent with orange which is OK. Just it’s very excessive. Tone the orange back so it keeps a color scheme to the build but doesn’t overpower it. The last thing I want to touch on about the actual build is the material. One thing is never to use plastic. Always smooth plastic.

Now back to my initial points. What theme are you going for? I’m getting a mix of sci-fi, cartoony, and realistic. I came across that by looking at the materials alone. Your more than normal neon (Sci-fi), you have plastic(Cartoony), and fabric/wood (realistic). so try and find what theme you really want.

Whew, that was a lot I know! But that part is over next I want to talk about what you should do next. In my starting points, I mentioned that there is a difference between inspiration and copying. When I clicked on this I was like oh hey. this is jailbreak. That’s not good. As a builder, you should really pride yourself in your style of building. I have partners who can tell what I built and what I haven’t based on my style of building. So “referencing”(copying) jailbreak like that isn’t really helping you.

So let me give you everything I talked about in a list

1. Neon needs to be dimmed or most removed
  2. Change plastic to smooth plastic
  3. Think of your theme and changed materials accordingly
  4. Build your own cell and not copy jailbreak
  5. Work towards your own style of building
1 Like

Wow it looks so good, you should make the neon dimmed by the way and it kinda looks like jailbreak which looks good. Good luck and keep up the good work! :+1: @CAKEBOYOFEPICNESS123

Looks like a very poor copy of Jailbreaks cells, possibly try and touch it up to make it look less like jailbreak.

2 Likes

ugh, i normally have a lot of ideas, but my brain is blank for making a cell

so… if you have no feedback… dont answer

ummmm, what do you mean??

30 characters

No hate at all but I recommend creating your unique prison cell and copying it from a popular prison game. That way you’d be very proud of your work. And you will become a better builder

Looks pretty good! There’s a lot of orange, maybe change some of the colors?

the inside looks waaaaaay too much like the jailbreak cell and the outside is a bit empty

1 Like

That is what I was thinking as well. I believe he just copied off Jailbreak and edited it heavily :stuck_out_tongue:

lol that was a while ago, i do blender now, not building, and i see how dumb this was lol

2 Likes