Need feedback on my first GFX (Give honest reviews please!)

This is my First serious GFX. I personally thinks it looks garbage, but hey, first time. Please give me a honest review, give me all the pros, and give me all the cons, and tell me what should I do to make it better, please. It will help me out so great! :smiley:

4 Likes

Watermarks should never be the highlight of the thumbnail. I personally think the watermark is the highlight of the thumbnail, itā€™s too bright. The render looks good although it doesnā€™t really seem like heā€™s actually floating in the sky. It looks as if heā€™s walking behind the clouds. Some shadows would be good.

1 Like

Well, he isnā€™t supposed be ā€œFloating in the skyā€ Heā€™s walking in the clouds. and I put the watermark there so no one will try and steal the terrible GFX, and improve it and claim itā€™s theirs.

Think it looks cool, however rather purposeless. The render looks nice, and it blends in well, but without any text or indicator of what it is for, it seems rather empty.

Itā€™s empty, and your only render is off to the side. My only suggestion is to either add in more or center your figure to get rid of all that negative space.

Other than that, I think it looks amazing.

1 Like

Pros:

• I definitely like the slightly transparent cloud effect.

• Although it doesnā€™t seem like the highest quality, I can definitely tell you put a lot of work and thought into this. From the clothing choice to the subtle lighting of the character, something about it seems like it took a lot of time.

Cons:

• The clouds are too realistic.
  • Besides your watermark, I recommend you add more contrasting colors, especially on the character.

Iā€™m by no means a GFX maker, so please take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Edit: Grammar

The characterā€™s lighting doesnt really fit, maybe add some color correction to it

I first need to know what you are using this for so that I can try my best to give pros and cons.

(Such as, Watermark, Game Thumbnail, Game Image, anything etc that is similar to Roblox or Roblox Studio and itā€™s Dev Forums).

It is purposeless. Itā€™s my first GFX, I made it for fun. just to get the feeling of it and make it out of something :smiley:

You mean likeā€¦ Put the character in the middle? I do have an idea of adding another character maybe?

Ah no, I didnā€™t put a lot of work into this :sweat_smile: I just made the figure running. and put 3 different images of clouds and changed the opacity to make it look like passing clouds. :slight_smile:

I use blender, Iā€™m not using this for anything really. Just made for fun and needed some tips :slight_smile:

I had the clothes for 4 years just sitting in my inventory. I thought about making a cute GFX, so I decided to use the clothes. I did put thought into this. I did have the thought in another way, but I changed the figureā€™s pose :slight_smile:

Any tips on character lighting and color? :slight_smile:

Not much to go off of because itā€™s just a character with a sky but,

The lighting on the character is uneven, some parts being lighter and some parts being darker, like under the neck. When looking at it up close the render appears blurrier than the surrounding background and the watermarks shouldnā€™t be extremely noticeable like youā€™ve done here.

Well done with the limb bending which is super clean.
Hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

Any tips on lighting? Like where should lighting always be or something?

Did you try this?

2 Likes

Looks good. Iā€™d say make the watermark(s) small and hidden somewhat. I often put mine in the corner somewhere. Maybe if possible hide the characters legs behind the clouds? Very good work! Keep up the practice!

I think itā€™s pretty good. (I think i saw some 3d, also good job with the watermark in the pic, itā€™s really good. Now you can have proof if someone steals your gfx you can just show watermark and other proof.) I think?

Thank you! i dont know another way to prevent stealing so i thought to put a watermark

1 Like