Need Feedback on my Low-Poly Factory

Good morning! :upside_down_face: (For me anyways)

Haven’t made any builds in a bit but just finished my new build! I just simply need feedback on this build.

Here’s the build:

I decided to use the “low-poly” style in my build

Constructive Criticism is Appreciated!

2 Likes

It looks really nice but the hundreds of red squares on it make it look kinda weird. (in my opinion it would look nice without the red squares)

3 Likes

Just to clarify what they are; the red squares represents bricks.

1 Like

i’m assuming the chimneys are blender made, maybe triangulate them and make it not smooth, might help with it looking more low poly
oh yeah, get rid of the red squares, and stuff, replace them with windows, it’ll look better

2 Likes

you could also just use the brick textures or actually add white lines to them so it looks like concrete layered on bricks

2 Likes

If you want to put bricks you should try to make them all to simular shape and size (0.25 stud difference) because it doesn’t really look like bricks otherwise. Also less frequent and it groups.

2 Likes

They weren’t made with blender, just with studio.

I used a mesh from the tool box and just made a chimney out of it using cylinders.

1 Like

now, i don’t want to be that type of people that forces blender onto others, but if you really wanted chimneys and low poly, you should’ve made them with blocks instead

1 Like

Really nice start! One thing I would recommend to further improve this build is to make the bricks look more uniform and placed all over the building, like actual bricks would be :).
Another possibility is to add the likes of windows to make it seem more like a building, as its rare to come across a building that has literally 0 windows! (Even frames with a blue part resembling glass would do the job)
Final note is that the yellow in the doorway and windows (I think they are?) could seem overwhelming or jarring as it was the main focal point for the building (for me at least), so even a more subtle yellow or even a solid door would do the job!
Despite that, really well done!

2 Likes

There are windows, I just used a neon color

The front of the factory are doors. (if you analyze at the doors a bit longer, you can see they are push doors)

And the back of the factory are garage doors (used for trucks that are importing and exporting materials)

I hope that this makes it clear to you

1 Like

Ahh yes I see what theyre meant to be now. Ideally try adding the frame and possibly decreasing the intensity? On another note, still really well made!

1 Like

I’ll add an outline to the windows so it doesn’t seem confusing if they are windows.

Also, thank you for the tips! :wink:

1 Like

You’re welcome! Really glad to help :).