Need feedback on my new game, Samurai Warrior

THIS GAME WILL HAS HAD ITS FULL RELEASE. IDEAS THAT YOU MAY POST HERE MAY TAKE A WHILE TO BE IMPLEMENTED.

So I have been working on a simulator game for the last 2 and a half months, and I really need some feedback on it to help it be a better game upon its full release.
Here is the game link:

Some screenshots for those who do not wish to play:

The shop:

Main part of the map:

Holding a sword:

In combat with a zombie (not the best but oh well):

The new sword model in blender:

Please note that this game is mainly player versus player, but there are some zombies/bosses to fight if you are alone.

Edit: remade the map and gave most of the swords new models like @fungi3432 suggested, added screenshots of those to this post.

5 Likes

I tried it but you couldn’t do anything as the first boss requires level 5 and you start at level 1

Try going into the pit behind the spawn, there are zombies you can battle there. Though a tutorial is needed and I forgot to make it before release, let me work on that.

Fair start. I think the game could benefit from some more sound effects (such as for gaining or losing cash) and sleeker sword models that more closely resemble Japanese swords.

The main reason I wanted to post here is that I found a hitbox bug. While standing on a ledge, you can damage zombies that are directly below you:

2 Likes

Ok, I just added a quick tutorial. Hopefully you guys find it helpful!

these are some good ideas, I will definitely consider adding them. Thanks for the feedback!

Alright I added a couple of those things, there is now a different (though probably bad) sound effect for kills, and you can no longer hit zombies from outside the pit. Unfortunately there is another spot you can do it, (since my system doesn’t use hitboxes, I made it have a requirement of being near to you on the Y axis) so I will have to think of a solution to that.
Edit: also remade the sword models like you suggested, most of them have a new model now.

1 Like

Ok, I added a purchase sound effect, and fixed a couple bugs, changed the tutorial a bit. I think I might make a few of the trees have pink leaves, but other than that I am unaware of how to continue.

1 Like

The GUI is a bit big and models could use some improvement, but the core idea of the game is good. Nice work.

1 Like

Alright it’s been a while since I updated the game, I had to learn how to make a basic music track due to the sound update, then immediately took the weekend off, but now I added the new song that I made for it, and shrunk some of the guis like @1948phantom suggested.

1 Like

I have now added custom tool icons (I think that’s what they’re called) to the swords.

Currently, there is only one icon but I plan to make at least a few more. It also needs adjusting on mobile devices. I also fixed a few more bugs of course.

I tried your game and ill be honest, it looks and plays simple but was very addicting xd is there only 1 zombie pit? Otherwise i would suggest making some extra pits of higher difficulty but better reward and make those zombies look a bit different to spice up the farming xp alone. Ill play again tomorrow was fun

1 Like

Great to hear that you like it! Adding more zombie areas is definitely a good idea, however I may need to add it in an update due to my release date being March 29th, so I’m a bit short on time. However it will be in the first release if I have time to get all the bugs fixed and finish everything else.

1 Like

Okay sounds good. Also just in case you werent aware, there is a bug that sometimes zombies kill me and when i spawn back the character wont stop moving in certain direction usually left or right, as if a button is still pressing. Only way to fix is either rejoining or managing to open the shop UI. I dont know how to replicate it, but it happened often and might have to do with dying while pressing a key.

Yeah I am aware of this, but unaware of the fix or cause. Also the opposite can happen, where your controls are disabled. I’ll try to work on that, it needs to be fixed by release.
Edit: those bugs may have been fixed, but they need testing to make sure