[ Need Help ] Copy paste Bug

Hello, I need help with the copy and pasting in Roblox studio.
When ever I copy and paste Models/parts, it quite literally goes crazy and has a new position above and to the side of the actual model.

What I’ve Approached

• Collisions are off.
  • I’ve tried Control L, it doesn’t work.

It was just fine yesterday, I have no clue howcome its doing it now.
Please help if you’re able to, and please use the video for reference.
Thank you! - Cloud

2 Likes

This could be a bug. But I don’t have this problem. Have you tried uninstalling studio than re-installing??

press Shift + D to duplicate in place

Just tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it sadly didn’t work.

Conveniently, this works.
However its much more convenient for me to hit Ctrl C + V, than just D.
If there is anymore solutions to the Pasting feature then ill check them out, however if there is not.
Ill mark this as the solution if so.

If you are duplicating part objects by using copy and paste, I’d say the most efficient way indeed is to do it with Shift + D. The object surely will not change any property such as position (if you have collisions turned off) that way. Else, if you have collisions turned on, only the Y axis position of the part object will change.

Make’s sense, but with (Ctrl C, + Ctrl v/Copy paste) it used to not change the position yesterday how ever. Which is very odd in a specific factor, for it to work now not work.
Ill try to get used to (Ctrl + D/Duplicate) for now, thank you!

How is it easier to click 2 buttons than one?

3 Likes

Since I’ve located those 2 more than the one, so the Ctrl D is going to take some time getting used to as I am not used to it.

I’m actually used to Ctrl C + V since I write stuff and am used to the F3X editor.

Ctrl + D does take time to get used to

Well, I’d suggest getting used to it as soon as possible, since it’s going to be faster using Ctrl+D.

1 Like

Just to make sure, are you sure you’re not using physical dragger and instead using geometric dragger (Physical dagger is when your dragger tool like select, move, scale in the model tab is green)

I’m using Physical Dragger, not Geo.

Then that’s the problem. Using physical dragger automaticly turn on the collision, based on how the object would react physically on collision during live play. Physical dragger is usually used to simulate physics without running the game.

Switch to geometrical dragger. Hopefully it solve’s it.

This is the normal and expected behavior of the copy/paste shortcut (ctrl+c,ctrl+v). It has been like that since I remember and I honestly don’t know why they made it that way.

If it bugs you so much, you can use ctrl+D, or change the shortcuts in studio settings to something else

Just rebind CTRL + D feature to CTRL + C,V in studio settings if you do now want to get used to CTR + D