Need Help Creating a Wait-for-Players GUI at the Beginning of a Round

Hey fellow developers,

I’ve been working on a new game where players participate in rounds. At the start of each round, I want to display a GUI that informs players to wait until all participants have joined before the game begins. However, I’m facing some challenges in implementing this feature.

Firstly, I’m unsure about the best approach to create a wait-for-players GUI. Should I use a ScreenGui and display it to all players, or is there a better method that I’m overlooking?

Secondly, I’m wondering if I need to utilize TeleportService’s TeleportingInfo feature to ensure all players have finished loading before the round starts. Is this necessary for a wait-for-players GUI, or is there an alternative solution?

I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or code examples you can provide to help me achieve this functionality. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

4 Likes

I have not yet created an experience that uses teleport service, so not sure how it can be used to check if all players are loaded.

However, just in general with a gui for waiting, I would say YES, you should have a gui that lets players know why they are waiting. You could just have a ‘Waiting for Players to Load’ message, but I think its better when you are showing a timer, that is the maximum amount of time you are willing to wait on loading players before you drop them, or continue on when they may be partially loaded.

This way the other players know why they are waiting, and they have something that is saying ‘you shouldnt have to wait longer than this many seconds’ in other words a count down timer.

I would have a server script that is in a loop, each time through the loop it checks if the timer has run out, OR if all players are loaded, then it breaks the loop
if the timer is not run out and players are not all loaded, it will fire an event to each client, or set an attribute that each client can see (such as setting one on workspace) so that code on the client’s side, maybe in a gui object, can see what the counter is, and update the gui.

Hope this helps

1 Like

nah man i dont know how to make the amount of players being teleported being dispplayed at the teleport goal place

1 Like