Need help fixing Road Markings

Hello, so I made my own road markings through photoshop, then I uploaded them to Roblox as a decal, I made them into a texture and now I’m having problems, when you look at it at an angle it makes it very blurry and I’m not sure what to do. Like how do popular games eliminate this issue?

RobloxStudioBeta_JFttrSdDOF

3 Likes

Sounds like you’re having issues with black outlines being smudged at a distance. You can sharpen your decals by following this guide.

Another example of what you could do is making your markers with parts ^^. Most games does that. You’d be trading performance for looks and versatility.

1 Like

I will try that, thanks for your help. BTW I don’t want to make markings out of parts, because I don’t want to trade performance for looks.

1 Like

Your graphics quality is too low, so Roblox is falling back on a worse texture filtering technique as a result. Textures viewed at oblique angles will be blurry.

The only way to get past bad texture filtering would be to raise your quality level, so users who set their graphics quality to 10 will get sharper texture filtering. This would only affect users with bad computers, or people who set their graphics quality lower.

If you want to at least work around it, or make it so that the worse filtering is less noticeable, then you could use parts, as @Ukendio suggested. It shouldn’t hit performance too much unless you’ve got a substantial number of parts already.

2 Likes

It works, but I’m not getting the result that I wish off, for example Ultimate Driving has their markings as decals but they dont blur at all in any kind of quality, but thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

1 Like

use hydrolocks kit or index15 or some good road devs or google maps
They have kits and lines you can use for free without needing to mess around with that stuff

1 Like

Try adding it as a decal not a texture. Also make sure your lines are straight in photoshop

1 Like