Need help in the idea of custom character controller and War thunder like system

Hello I’m currently plan out to make a war thunder tank controller system and I want the vehicle to be the player’s character instead of an independent model, I had come across a thing called custom character controller, I had try to find out more about it but I still not understand it, like I can’t found a post that’s specific about it. I create this post to to ask for:

1. How do I start to make custom character controller
  2. I need help in instead of walking base on the W A D S direction, it will go as W for forward, S will be backward, and A D will just slowly turn the player around
  3. and for the movement I want it to be physic base movement instead of CFrame movement

thankyou for Helping me in this, if this system is successful I sure will credit everyone who help me in this Post

Be the tank an independant model or not, the controls should all remain the same. How the tank moves is very dependant on how exactly you’re making it, so I can’t get too much into detail on that.
All you really need to do is just capture the W, A, S and D keys and call some action while each of them is held down. W and S, as you mentioned, just tell the tank to move forward or backward. If the tank moves solely with physics, then possibly a LinearVelocity would work. You’d just change the direction and magnitude of it depending on if the input was W or S. Or, you can also rotate the wheels of course. For A and D, it would probably be easier to do it with CFrames, not with physics, but if you want to then you could try to do it the same way that they rotate in real life. One wheel goes forwards, the other one backwards.

One thing that held me back is that I couldn’t make it work with the default character controller some way, maybe is there a way to disable the default character controller?

The way to disable the default one is to either override the scripts, by making an empty clone of the scripts with the same names, or by just spawning in a custom character

thankyou for helping me, I had tried to tweak the player controller code for my needs and it worked now, I still credit you tho, thankyou for helping me