Need help making a player "Invisible" from player list

Hello!

This is my first post, sorry if it’s not good.

I am making a moderation system for my game, and I want moderators to be able to join rule violator’s games. But, the only problem is, I want the moderators to appear “Invisible” inside the game, so the rule violator doesn’t leave immediatelly. I am thinking about removing the player from the player list, but I don’t know if it’s against the rules or if it’s even possible.

If it’s possible how can I achieve this? And if it’s not possible, is there any other way to acheive it?

1 Like

Yes this is possible.

StarterPlayer>>StarterPlayerScripts

game.StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.PlayerList, false)
must be local script

I saw this on other post by @aca1231231 I hope this helps.

I don’t want want to remove the playerlist, I want to remove a specific player from the playerlist. I know that other games have achieved this, do you have any clue how? @chrisfs123

1 Like

Oooh ok, I know some games that do this and I think you may need a custom leaderboard for that as I don’t think it would work with Roblox’s default one but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Hmm, I’ll see if any other person has a clue, and if they don’t I’ll probaly need to add a custom one.

1 Like

You indeed need to use a custom one to do so.

Is there any other way to “hide” a player, or spectate a player from a different server?

no I think you must have a custom leaderboard like we both said

You can try destroying the player on client side.

1 Like

That does not work, I’ve tried it.

Here’s what I would do.

First you make a leaderboard. This link will show you how to make one.

Next, add an if then loop. I assume the moderator will be a certain rank in a group, so inside the function, use:

if not player:GetRankInGroup(GroupId) = rank of moderator then
-- put the code inside here
end

GroupId is the Id of the group they are moderator of. Rank of moderator is just their rank.

Just create a custom player list. If you are lazy, I have made one and released it ad free resource.

(Tho, I believe there are tutorials on that aswell).
A custom list would also let you do so many things.

Such as:
-custom icons near their username.
-rainbow text.
Etc.

1 Like