Need help making GFX!

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to learn how to make GFX and I am looking for suggestions.
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I just do not know how to get the character in paint (windows 7) and how to make the GFX at all.
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I have looked for solutions here but I have not found any.

Please help me.

2 Likes

Alright, well you gave us a very vague description as to what you are actually having trouble with, however I will give you some steps to help you make your graphics. It is hard to just teach someone graphics as making graphics is not something that you learn overnight. I would recommend watching a few YouTube videos before you start asking for questions on the DevForum. The DevForum is to help give feedback, fix issues, get help, recruit people, etc. Not for us to tell you how to something like that. Here is a rough step list as to “How to make a GFX”, do NOT rely on these as this is just to see if this can answer one of your questions.

1. Load up studio
  2. Import your character
  3. Export it as an OBJ (Wavefront)
  4. Open Blender (I assume you will be using) import the OBJ file
  5. Start bending the limbs (refer to a YT video if you are unsure on how to do this)
  6. Add lighting as necessary.
  7. Click view camera
  8. Position the camera to view your character as you wish.
  9. Press render
  10. Wait for it to render and then click image and then Save As Image
  11. Put it into your editing software and do as you wish

These are just basic steps, sorry if it is too simple, I am used to Cinema 4D, and Photoshop.

Here are some Youtube Tutorials that can help you (it does not matter if you are on Windows or MacOS it is the same idea):

TheLaughingUnicorn’s Tutorial

SiimplyBubliie’s Tutorial

Note: That these tutorials are very basic do not rely on these, use these to get started and as reference. Eventually once you practice, you might want to look into getting better software. These tutorials are the very base of what Graphic Design actually is, and there is so much more possibilities as to what you can make.

My top tips are:
Stay creative
Be original
Be consistent
Have fun (designing graphics should be fun)

8 Likes

Well, considering you’re first starting off, I suggest you get AlreadyPro’s plugin to insert already existing ROBLOX characters into studio.

NOTE my tutorial here is for beginners, and in no way will be as high quality as you see on the front page. It is a start, and a way to expand your learning.

When I first started out, I would place the characters into studio and make sure they don’t give off shadows, and create a green screen with blocks. image

If you want to make your character pose, I usually click play, go into my own character, and grab the second idle animation that I have equipped. For this we will use zombie.
https://i.gyazo.com/762e0aa09be7fd351ce29ad81da61699.mp4

Open up your animation editor on the rig that you imported, and put in the idle2 id, and put the slider to where you think looks the best for what you’re making. (usually opening the editor, selecting and anchoring your character, file - import - ctrl v animation ID, then slide.)
https://i.gyazo.com/58c1ed0c43ca4fb8e3f73a86271c1e7b.mp4
When you are done, duplicate the character and click out of the animation editor, and delete the rig that is not animated.

You can use a screenshot software such as Lightshot to capture your character, and with Paint.net crop out the greenscreen in the back.

Now, if you really want to be high quality, I suggest you get a rendering software such as Blender but it is extremely in depth and you would need to learn how to use the software.

Hope you found this helpful :+1:

7 Likes

If you are learning how to use a rendering software such as @j8cksxn explained, I suggest you use his tutorial he provided and watch as much tutorials on Youtube as you can. Those programs have so much potential and plugins to make your work as high quality and beautiful as you think it should.

It will be difficult.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions and the time you took to make your post! I will consider using this method.

Thank you for your suggestions and the time you went through to use studio and my character! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice! :smiley:

1 Like