Need help on how to use prismatic constraints

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to learn how to use prismatic constraints properly

2. What is the issue?
    Screenshot 2024-05-31 115122

I can’t wrap my head around it and it keeps not working properly, the X axis of the attachments are aligned, sometimes the Y axis of the attachments aren’t but I don’t think that should be an issue. What happens is that the attachment0 doesn’t slide on top of attachment1, instead it just moves immediately to the ground and starts sliding along it instead. Even when I turn on limits enabled. Or I use a servo. I even tried giving attachment1 like 100 density yet that didn’t do anything.

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    Yep, devforum, documentation, tutorials. No dice.
1 Like

It would also be helpful if you guys could give me a simple breakdown of how prismatic constraints work. I’ve heard many explanations 100 times but I still can’t figure it out.

1 Like

Quick update guys I did fix it by putting them both on the same Y axis but it still doesn’t make sense to me because even in the documentation video the Y axis is different. So I still feel unsolved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.