Need help on making a game!

I want to make a game but I have absolutely no idea on what to make and because I have no friends (online) they can’t give me no ideas so hopefully you guys big brainers can give me a good one!

Theme
  • 2 Dimensional
  • 3 Dimensional

0 voters

Genre
  • Roleplay
  • Survival
  • FPS
  • Story
  • Platformer
  • RPG
  • Horror
  • Adventure
  • Custom Idea (Reply)

0 voters

Certainly a game with a very small map. It would be impossible for you to make otherwise.
Best if a game where there is no major physical actions/movements. For example, stationary horror games, virtual PC simulators, or you could put the two together!
By talking to people, checking your bookmarks and emails, solving puzzles all on your virtual PC, you discover a hidden story inside your office building.

Maybe a Strategy game ? There is no much strategy games on Roblox.

maybe a game like making memes in your basement at 3am tycoon?

i dont have a good idea of how a stratergy game plays out.

I choose RPG because I saw very RPG games on Roblox, but almost no game (because most of them are private now…) that have a system of unlocking weapons (or another thing) that you need to wait a specific time of day (irl) to have chance of it to spawn and you get it.

I like more this type of games because it makes the player join the game in the specific time something spawns and it rejoins the game in case it didn’t spawned and make visits.

I think that right now just Shindo Life that have that system and is a public game.

hmm not bad but tycoons arent really my field of expertise.

hmmm not a bad idea! Ill make it! but can you tell me a vague idea how the game will be? futuristic? medievil? stone age?

go to Josh_ua for inspiration, then go to his group with 300k+ members

I think that should be your choice, because the game gonna be yours.

Try maybe thinking of a possible story for the game (even if the game isn’t to have story, just imagine it) and see what it would fit better.

hmm alright my idea is procedural generation where you need to survive and fight off enemies… but now if i think of it its not that good of a idea…

1 Like

You need to see what you like more.
If you make something you like, there’s also chance of others to like it.

But I think that’s not a bad idea if the game don’t be all the time fight enemies, to don’t be a lot repetitive.
Try think about other things others can do, even if the genre I choose in poll was RPG, some RPG games also put puzzles in some parts of the game and some put relaxing things if the player just wants just to players relax.

Some RPG games do that so if the player don’t want to actually play a RPG game, he also gonna join just to do the small secondary things that were added in the game. (The Shinobi Life II (Shindo Life before getting copyright problems) did that, sadly they removed and I remember the visits going a lot down…)

1 Like

Take ideas from maps, but don’t take all of them. I mean, when I make a map, I take half of the ideas, like pls donate, put it in the update like this picture:

And take the idea.

1 Like

hmm alright… ig ill do that thank you for the help! really appreciate!

I am not a map builder… just a scripter and a ui designer…

Ok this is sweet and good…

Maybe you can try making a SWAT simulator simular to Hot Brass i’ve never seen that on roblox.