Need help on making an infinite road

Hello, my fellas,

So hear me out, I’m trying to make a cutscene like piggy chapter 1 ending cutscene where it has an infinite road animation. So how can I do that?

This is my road folder btw:

I hope you guys can help : )

Cheers,
The_UncleDev

1 Like

When it comes to infinite roads, one of the more common approaches when simulating an infinite road would be a queue of road sections. This queue can contain however many divisions of road that you want with the main focus being that once 1 of the queued pieces dequeues itself it would queue back up at the start and loop that sequence to form the illusion. I will leave a reference video that I found that can help you understand this mechanic from Life Is Strange.

Infinite Road Case Study: “Infinite” road in 3D: Case study (Life is Strange™) - YouTube

If you were to implement this in a Roblox game, I would point out that the main subject does not need to move its position rather it can be set at a specific area. The only things that would have to move/tween itself would be the road and other visual props that are to be added to help simulate that infinite road sequence. Once one of the sections reaches a certain position in-game (aka reaches the end of the queue), it would bring itself back to the start and perform the process again.

Hope this helps you out!

2 Likes

You should try the Search button up top.
As @w4570 said, loop the road sections (but I’m guessing you already know that).
Here’s a good post that was made a few months ago: