Need help on my gun importing

So this SAP-6 was made a day ago, and when I export it to roblox it just breaks. The model is fine in blender as you can see in the provided images, I just seriously need help with this, my deadline is really close.

12 Likes

I don’t think I have seen anything like that, however I am sure it is an issue within Blender. Here are a few things I can think of to fix it:

Inside out faces

• Select all the faces in your model
  • Press CTRL + N

Custom Split Normals

• Select the object
  • Go to Object Data Properties > Geometry Data
  • Click on “Clear Custom Split Normals Data” if you see it

Make sure your vertices are connected

• Select your object and go into edit mode
  • Select all the vertices and right click
  • Merge all by distance

If neither of those work then could you provide a little more information about the model? I saw an error in the File Geometry drop-down in the Export image, what does it say in there?

3 Likes

W gun tho it looks vewy vewy cwool

3 Likes

Hi, Thanks for responding. I tried all the solutions but to no avail.

As to your question, this is what it says:

4 Likes

Ah, that must be the issue. The maximum triangle count in Roblox is 10,000 per separate part. Roblox is likely reducing your triangles in an inefficient way, ruining the shading.

I strongly suggest you go through your model and dissolve (CTRL + X) edges and merge verts that you don’t need. Try to reduce the triangles as much as you can without losing details.

Another way to fix this, though I don’t recommend it, is separating pieces of the mesh that would realistically be separated like the Handle, Rail, or Trigger. Only do this if the people requesting the model want it like that.

Keeping the triangle count low is pretty important and is something you should start practicing a lot more often, especially given how heavy it can be on the Roblox engine. I hope this helped!

4 Likes

Oh yeah, the model is fixed now, but theres a new issue.

It says the gun itself has more vertices, so Ill try to reduce it again and let you know.

4 Likes

Also,

this is what it says.

3 Likes

Alright sorry for replying again,

But I fixed it, TYSM for your help.

6 Likes

No problem, I love your model! Don’t forget to mark a solution so that anyone with a similar problem in the future can find this post. If you need any more help just message me on the DevForum!

5 Likes

Alright, for sure. Thanks again, hope we talk again later.

5 Likes