Need help placing player icon accordingly

Hello! Recently, I am trying to make a minimap for my game. I have tried a few of my own “solutions” but I have yet to be able to put the player icon on the minimap correctly. The desired way for it to work is that your icon represents where you are on the map.

Thanks for looking/replying, MasterFrigophobia(Lyyrezism)

Personally, I find this plugin extremely useful in your case.

2 Likes

I normally would but a few things, which I should’ve clarified: I want to do this originally, meaning not using a plugin, since it is a better learning experience that way. And I am just asking like how would I translate the player position to the relative position on the map.

Thanks for trying/helping anyway!

You would have to make a pixel/stud converter to calculate the accurate player position. Then create the algorithm that places the player icon into the minimap accordingly.

It is mostly the math I am unsure of, like which equation or numbers I need to use.

The algorithm uses some extremely advanced math which I believe is not worth thinking of and waste weeks on that script.

This is what I found online:

I’m not saying that you shouldn’t try to learn how this plugin would work in a script, bbbbuuuuuuttt bro this is gonna eat your time, months and weeks could be lost in one script because the algorithm is serious math.
This is one of those things where a plugin is absolutely necessary to both save your time and let you work on the other things that need attention in your world.

1 Like