Need help removing jittering from moving platform

I am trying to make a flying pod system in my game capable of transporting players between different areas, but I’ve noticed a problem. The pods need to have vertical movement, and despite trying the solution on this post - Player "Shaking/jittering" on elevator issue - some vertical jittering still remains.

Help would definitely be appreciated!

1 Like

What did you use to make this kind of system?

Just a platform moving using tweenservice and the solution to the post I linked.

That would make sense for the jittering since the tween is not as smooth on the server. There are two ways to approach this. The first suggestion is to do this through a local script for the fastest replication. You will need to replicate this for every other player hence the name “Local Script”. Another thing is I suggest using AlignPosition and Align Orientation to remove the jittering on the server client.

AlignPosition wouldn’t really work, as I need the player to be able to move around in the box.
The game I’m working on is singleplayer, so would I just be able to do tweening in the localscript to move the part?

In that case local script would be the best for this case

Okay, I tried using a localscript to tween the moving part and it kinda fixes the problem, but some jittering still remains. I’ll get a video later.
I know this probably sounds stupid, but could I make my own interpolation function and put the character position update script at the end of that?

Have you tried setting the network owner. Changing the part’s ownership to the server may improve the performance of what you are trying to do. Here’s an example:

Part:SetNetworkOwner(nil) --nil is the server

The reason why this happens is because unanchored and moving parts (correct me on that) are automatically given ownership to the client and now the client has to process it, which can cause lag.

Should I put the part movement script in the client or the server to include this?

I have only tried doing something similar on a server script. So that’s what I will suggest

Okay, I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

It says that the Network Ownership API can only be called on unanchored parts. Is there a way to fix this?

UPDATE: I probably should’ve mentioned earlier that the jittering only occurs on the vertical axis, it’s fine if there is no vertical movement.