Need help with blender material\textures

I’m trying to import this mm2 map into blender but the textures don’t appear (sort of)

Is there any solution for this:

before rendering

Textures and colors are separated I guess but don’t know how to fix that

after rendering

1 Like

If you are just rendering in blender. Then just switch the setting in the top right to Material Preview Shading. If you want to see all your Textures.

A4
__

But Looking over it again, If you want to have that shading style It seems like your issue is that your using Non Texture Materials In Blender.

When you add a material by Default in blender, it becomes a Principle BSDF which only works in that Blender Case.

Here I have 2 models that 1 uses Blender BSDF materials (Ones that are created by default after you color them.), and one that uses a Image Texture Map.

With Joined BSDF materials in Material Viewer

With Image Texture Map, That has set UVs

This is what it looks like in ViewPort Solid Shading mode. (The one that your in, in the screenshot.)

Both Meshes In ViewPort Solid Shading

So try to use Image Textures when making models…

1 Like

material preview has the same issue, the texture does infact appear but the colors dont, and the brick texture are invisible (the bricks are visible but like what’s between them is not if you know what I mean)

Did you import this map from roblox into Blender?
Or did you make the map yourself?

Because If you imported it from Roblox Studio, I could have a fix for you

It’s a MM2 map called Militia I just found it on the toolbox I wanted it for gfx work that’s all. If you could fix it for me I’d really appreciate it!

Try using this Plugin. It is completely free and safe.

Just go to your Prefrences. Underneath the Edit Tab at the top right.
Then go to your Add-ons, and click Install in the Top Right.
And Find and Import the ZIP file you should get when you download this Plugin Above.

What you should See after Installing. It Correctly

• Ignore the Other Plugins here. I use them for other things.

Then just click the Fix It! Button with any mesh selected and it should repair it.

Example

In Studio Exporting Model or Part
  • Using a Simple Brick with a Roblox Texture for this example.

• Go Ahead and export it as a OBJ using Export Selection… when Selecting it.

In Blender After Exporting
  • Go Ahead and Import the OBJ file that should have a mtl with it when you export it.

• Now When you import it the geometry wont be with the Origin so Make sure you go into Object → Set Origin → Geometry to Origin.

• Now the Texture doesnt look how you would like it. And thats when we use the Plugin Above!

This is were I think you encountered your issue with the Textures being buggy out.

• Now you can run the Fix It button, and after your done, the textures should work as normal.

This should Apply to any mesh you select!

The reason this happens is because when you export models into Roblox. Roblox doesn’t Export the Color Map in its correct Position. Causing the coloring to be incorrect. With this Plugin it simply adds Necessary Geometry Nodes to the Material to make it compatible with Blender. I don’t fully know how Roblox Formats there models when you export them out of their engine. But you do need to jump through a few Loophole’s in order to fix it inside blender. It might be how MTL’s are exported out of Roblox. But I honestly would have to look more into it. But for now this is our easiest option.

1 Like

That actually work thank you so much man

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.