Need help with choosing colors

Hello there!
I recently started building. It’s going well! But I need help with color selection.
Please tell me how you chose your colors so that I can continue with the building. :smiley:

Here some of my builds. I don’t know why it’s didn’t look good:

3 Likes

Opposite colors (red and green) , similar colors (navy and black) and too many bright colors together are all things to avoid.

1 Like

It depends on what your making but I like modern so Dark Grays, Whites, Wood textures and other things.

But it really depends on what your building.

(If you want to build a farm dont pick White and Dark Gray pick Red and White maybe some wood textures. So just do what you feel is right)

1 Like

grey + dark yellow
red + green or yellow
purple + blue or cyan

1 Like

You didn’t think to include pictures in your main post of what you want colour options for?

How are we supposed to suggest colours when we don’t know what the thing is? :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit your main post to include pictures please, don’t reply to this post with pictures. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I do no like very bright colors because it is hurt my eye. I recommend you to use white, light grey, dark grey and blue.

I like the neutral colours but I think you should use a colour palette if you have difficulty choosing colours It will show you what colours compliment eachother.

1 Like

This is a very good website which generates different palettes that also have different shades. Create a Palette - Coolors

1 Like

Wow, thank you soo much! I will look at this site.

1 Like

Make it a little funky use bright colors like orange. You can also use Adobe color its a website it gives the shades of a color or matching colors

1 Like

grouping, grouping, grouping. cant stress that enough group by color if nothing else so you can change later, you don’t have to name every part for massive builds just group correctly. also coloring can kinda be a last, you have a huge empty room with textures that make everything look noisy and little in terms of shape or definition. This combined with shadows off makes any room look bad try to use textures and not just slap brick material on every wall.

Mind explaining on what you’re going for, color choice usually comes down to what your overall building as you haven’t included that information within your thread. Here is a site users use if you’re struggling with color selection, as it may come in handy for future projects; paletton.com

There are many sorts of threads regarding color choices - or what color looks better ect? If the color choice you’re trying to achieve is related to real life approaches, consider looking up some reference images to get ideas from. There are a variety of colors that you could go about, whatever color you choose it be related to the theme and style you’re going for.

Whatever your building have a few reference images by your side, as that will help find the proper materials or color choices!

1 Like