Need help with F3X tools

Hello, today I was trying to implement a importing feature to my game for f3x, that looks like this.

You export your build in game, and put a 4 digit code in the box.

The problem is, this is a plugin, and I have no idea how to make it work in game as a GUI.

The plugin i’m trying to put ingame: https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/142485815/Import-from-Building-Tools-by-F3X

Is there anyone that can help me?

This is very advanced scripting, you need to master scripting for this and know how HTTPService works.

Yeah, to implement it from scratch. But is there any way to get plugins into the game?

Hmm, I don’t have idea to replicate the plugin but there’s a way you can get all the files of the plugin. Now I don’t know how would it work.

I recommend checking over the source code of F3X. If you do not understand it at the moment, I would try to read more into Lua, and or getting someone that is at that level to help you.

I am sorry I could not help more, but that is what I recommend doing you should also go to ROBLOX API Refrences as it will include a lot of the API.

Hey, do you think it would be possible to make a saving system, because I’ve realized that f3x imports parts directly into workspace server sided. I could make a few adjustments in the F3X tools spawn place and could make folders for each player. Then I should just make a saving system and it should be fine!

Thoughts? Reply :slight_smile:

If you are saying that you would like to save the build’s data, then I highly recommend you do not use DataStore as it will no work on Studio, you could create an API that connects to Firebase for an example and store all the build data there.

Sorry for the late reply, was out of town.